1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5.25" cardreader?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by badbob, 3 Feb 2006.

1. badbob

PermaBanned

Looking for a 5.25" drivebay card reader. This Akasa looks great

http://www.akasa.com.tw/akasa_english/spec_page/control_panels/spec_ak_all_01bk.htm

But I need XD and Smartmedia support also. I take it standard installation is external USB and firewire cable via a hole in the case then back inside? (bit messy) Do all motherboards feature the optional internal USB & firewire connectors? Any ones with a neater installation (no exteranl-internal routing) with those two flash supported slots?

2. Energize

Caporegime

Just about all motherboards support allow you to connect them by the usb header. As for firewire, I havent seen many motherboards that have an internal connector for it, even though most cases do.

3. MeatLoaf

Capodecina

If you have an audigy or audigy 2 zs then theres a firewire header on the card itself.

4. badbob

PermaBanned

Don't need a soundcard, I have the original Soundblaster Live with the digital I/O bracket. Mainly need the front card reader XD/Smartmedia/Compact flash/Microdrive support.

5. gib786

Banned

i have a internal firewire and usb slot on my k8n diamond mobo, used it to hook up the usb an firewire ports on the case and the card reader which is in the floppy drive bay