• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

500,000 RTX 3000 graphics cards found in an abandoned container: CONFIRMED FAKE NEWS

Soldato
OP
Its a Spanish equivilant of April Fools day story. (28th December)

:confused:

I knew nothing about Spanish joke. Been googled spanish 28th December found Holy Innocents Day. I dont understand what the joke about important religion day.

Managed to find the original Geeknetic source.

https://www.geeknetic.es/Noticia/20...TX-30-de-NVIDIA-que-habian-sido-perdidas.html

It's no secret that we've been experiencing the biggest graphics card supply problems of the last 20 years for months. Since NVIDIA launched the RTX 30 in September, the units have been hitting stores by droppers , not only in Spain but all over the world.

This has caused great frustration among consumers and fans of the brand who were eager to have the new generation of graphics cards with the company's green chips. The imminent arrival of one of the most anticipated games of recent times Cyberpunk 2077 , which implements the company's RTX and DLSS technologies , has only increased demand even more.

Until now NVIDIA has blamed the lack of supply on increased consumer demand and automated shopping bots and have avoided commenting on existing stock and production capacity.

The mystery of the lack of stock was revealed this morning when an operator, named Choi Min-sik from a Samsung subsidiary port warehouse in South Korea, noticed a merchandise in a container that was not listed in their records. Apparently the operator, who claims to be a fan of NVIDIA RayTracing, claims that he has been seeing the NVIDIA logo for weeks on boxes stacked in the container that no one has claimed to close and take to the port for transport.

Choi says that he had been waiting for months to buy an RTX graphics card, also out of stock in his country, and dreaming of playing Fornite and Minecraft with all the brightness, reflections and light effects that the RTX 30 would give him. "See the NVIDIA logo on all those boxes every day as I passed the machine by the container only added to my frustration at not getting one. " - says the Korean operator. - "I finally decided to open one of them, and to my surprise it was a box full of RTX 3080 GPUs!"

Choi Min-sik has not hesitated to go to his superiors to report the finding. After opening all the boxes and making an inventory of the merchandise, they have determined that it is more than 500 thousand units of NVIDIA graphics chips that include the RTX 3080, RTX 3090 and RTX 3070 that were put in the container without their correct documentation after be manufactured by Samsung in mid-August. A bureaucratic problem has been the cause of not having been registered in the register of delivery to the shipping company, and what has caused the merchandise to be lost.

The container with the GPUs should have been sent to the port of Shenzhen, in China, for distribution to companies such as Palit, PC Partner and Foxconn responsible for manufacturing graphics cards of different brands, including Founder Editions from NVIDIA.

After the discovery, NVIDIA has acknowledged that months ago they lost the merchandise and had not been able to find it. “We have been claiming this merchandise from Samsung for months. They told us that it had already left the factory, but then they did not present us with any paper to show that it had reached its destination "- explained Jeff Fisher, vice president of the company and director of the GeForce division, in statements addressed to shareholders. .

The loss of so many GPUs in August also meant that NVIDIA had to order more build volume from Samsung than expected to meet demand. Therefore, after the discovery, the GPUs that were lost with all the manufacturing volume that was demanded to make up for their absence will be brought together. This should not only meet demand but also have more RTX 30 graphics cards than necessary, which can mean a temporary price drop of up to 15%.

The discovery has caused NVIDIA shares to begin to rebound after several weeks of cumulative decline, as they will finally have the ability to meet demand.

Updated: This is a fake news story created and published on December 28 in celebration of the Holy Innocents day in Spain. The content of it is false and has been created with a satirical humorous purpose. We hope you had fun reading it.

Soldato
Well I believed it because France 24 is a genuine news website, they would not posted fake news.

It like many people believe covid19 virus is fake but I believed it is real and deadly like 1918 spanish flu.

This website does not look like a genuine news website.

Not sure where you got that idea.

It looks a like a website that just aggregates news from other sources.

Hasn't even labelled it's URLs properly

https://www.france24.news/sample-page

Permabanned
Not funny really, lol.
I mean the equivalent joke for non-techies would be "COVID IS FAKE! Thousands found alive in a warehouse in Liverpool".
"Nope, not really, they are all dead. APRIL FOOL! "

Soldato
I mean anyone that believes half a million retail packages GPUS fits in one container needs to start using their grey matter.

Not funny really, lol.
I mean the equivalent joke for non-techies would be "COVID IS FAKE! Thousands found alive in a warehouse in Liverpool".
"Nope, not really, they are all dead. APRIL FOOL! "

That’s so far away from being the same thing it’s ridiculous. What a strange place you go to draw an analogy...

Soldato
a boxed GPU is what half a cubic foot...

An ordinary box? Much less; about a quarter to a third. That's still only about 10,000 max. But if they were trays of A1xx GPUs then you could easily fit 500k in a 40 foot container. Of course, the container would have a value of tens of millions and be very carefully watched.

Back
Top Bottom