• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

512mb gfx card

Soldato
Willbo said:
what cards would you recommend then? or what would you do in my position?
Well, keep in mind that I am pretty much a scrooge, so I go for value for money (read: cheapness) above all else. In your position I would honestly keep the 7800GTX, it's a fantastic card with a silly amount of life left in it, and as a bonus you already have it. I would wait until DirectX 10 before upgrading it.

If you really want to upgrade though, and cost isn't an issue, I'd recommend the X1900XT as it's better value for money than the 7900GTX and isn't as expensive as the X1900XT-X (which is £50 more for a mere 25MHz more on the core and memory that's just a little faster.)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
well technicially upgrading wouldnt cost too much as i'd be selling my 7800gtx.

i do miss the ati cards, are they ok with dual screens? what x1900 would u recommend? bang for buck wise?

Back
Top Bottom