• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5770 & Passive Cooling

Associate
I bought a 5770 1GB GPU last week to replace my now ageing 3850. Of course the one thing my 3850 had going for it was that with the HR-03-GT I had on it, it was completely silent. Now I want to do the same thing with my 5770 as I have become quite picky when it comes to the noise from my PC. Even with the fan set to 25% I can still hear it and it annoys me. Also the temperature's on it are quite pathetic and there is no ramsinks on the card. I have had nothing but good experiences with the HR-03 in terms of temperature. The card in question is the XFX 5770 with the rev 2 egg cooler which is pretty weak. Any suggestions?

Associate
I don't think there are that many after market coolers for a 5770, the only one I know of is the Arctic Cooling Accelero L2 Pro, but that comes with a fan already on it. Although I'd imagine you could remove this. I'd suggest that you still have some sort of fan on there even a really low rpm one is better than nothing.

Associate
OP
Apprantly there is a version of the HR-03 that will work with the new 5770 card. Having looked on the XFX forums there was a couple of people showing their rigs and a lot of them had the HR on the 5770's. Shame is now that OCUk does not have this model in stock....any idea if OCUk might anytime soon?

Man of Honour
Best bet would be the bay. The 5770 is a right pain to find coolers and blocks for which was one of the reasons that i got rid of mine quickly. The mounting holes are only 61mm diagonally compared to most other card's being 72mm.

Back
Top Bottom