• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5800X Boost set to 5050Mhz all cores with AMD Curve Optimizer

Associate
AMD 5800X AMD Curve Optimizer Boost set to 5050Mhz for all cores and good temperatures when PC gaming. So basically when all things are good thermal,electrical ETC all cores have the ability to boost up to 5050Mhz.

Precision Boost Overdrive 2 AMD Links
1. https://postimg.cc/4nLFm1qc
2. https://postimg.cc/68RHbx3V
3. https://postimg.cc/B8Bms52X
4. https://postimg.cc/0r2Bk4Wx
5. https://postimg.cc/hfNy0tSP
6. https://postimg.cc/06sVLXMT
7. https://postimg.cc/Xpr1FC6z

offset VF curve voltage chart
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...QvVSKyfD4DQghgUHb46-VIIzl3BQvX-hYt0D4/pubhtml

Timestamp and BIOS settings

Cinebench -Single core 653 - 0:01

The Dark Pictures Anthology LittleHope - 0:23

Assassin's Creed Valhalla - 0:37

Metro Exodus - 0:48

Full CinebenchR23 Run for those interested,test lasted like 30 minutes
Single core - 1663
Multi Score - 15538
Idle temperatures- 29°C
Full AVX load -79.8°C

Full Cinebench20 Run for those interested

Single core 656

Multi Score - 6179

Idle temperatures- 29°C

Full AVX load -76.5°C

My AMD Curve Optimizer per core

Last edited:
Associate
Isn't it just +200 MHz additional boost setting?
Or did you need to use curve optimizer for a weaker Core 5?

Anyhow, this is what 5800X needed to be the best gaming cpu

Associate
OP
very nice, what cooling setup do you have?

Cheapest Coolermaster MasterLiquid Lite ML240L RGB AIO Paid 50 Canadian so 30£

Isn't it just +200 MHz additional boost setting?
Or did you need to use curve optimizer for a weaker Core 5?

Anyhow, this is what 5800X needed to be the best gaming cpu

The AMD Curve Optimizer can sustain the boost for longer time,where PBO can not all by itself.
On the MSI boards you can go up to 500Mhz and I have seen my 5800X hitting 5200Mhz with adjusting the PBO settings that last for a half second boost .

Also on Core 5,it is weaker so that is why I set like I did but it can run stable 5050Mhz just no higher on that core 5

Associate
So is that essentially opening up the headroom on the boost MHz but keeping the voltage sensible with those negative curve values? What units is it using, or just arbitrary scale?

P.B

P.B

Soldato
Is this app inside ryzen master ? I'm on x570 aurous master and going to start fine tuning the system got another 16gb of ddr 4400 ram coming today and it will be on water come weekend never used a ryzen system so need qll the help I can get lol

Associate
OP
Well I do not know much about it and I do not think many people know much either. It a voltage curve and setting negative I assume it shaves a little off CPU voltage ,not much though. If you set your curve up you can add more voltage over the default 1.5v and maybe tap out max I think is 1.55v. I just set it for stability and for my 5800X.

Associate
OP
Is this app inside ryzen master ? I'm on x570 aurous master and going to start fine tuning the system got another 16gb of ddr 4400 ram coming today and it will be on water come weekend never used a ryzen system so need qll the help I can get lol

It is in the BIOS and part of the new stuff. Which is going to be fun with AMD CPU 5xxx and GPU 6xxx .Screen shots first post and you can check out the name.

Soldato
Impressive. I’m thinking of building a master race gaming PC around 5000 chip.

I’m thinking a tuned 5800X, 4x8Gb of 2Rx8 and a 6900XT might be the most glorious route.

Associate
OP
Very impressive!! what method did you use to figure out that core #5 was weaker than the rest? How did you determine?
Well testing PBO out it was the lowest boost CPU core and it never went above the 5050Mhz,so I went with that.Also if you setting the settings positive or negative to high,you will not boot and I just figure 5050Mhz was good enough,it really does not make a difference in performance . I just like the bigger number.

What is curve optimiser? Is that what the new zen3 cpu has or a MSI bios thingy
Curve Optimizer. This feature enables frequency adjustment for each core in the processor without restrictions in BIOS. Not in Ryzen master yet or it could be I did not look. I can not explain it features cause I really do not know.I suspect in the next few weeks there will be a bunch of information.

I wonder how fast I will be able to get it clocked on air
I am using a 30£ CPU cooler and seen PBO boost up to 5200Mhz on my 5800X.Hence half decent air cooler will be the exact same.

Impressive. I’m thinking of building a master race gaming PC around 5000 chip.

I’m thinking a tuned 5800X, 4x8Gb of 2Rx8 and a 6900XT might be the most glorious route.
I play 4k PC games so ram or CPU does not make a difference at all. You bet your behind though I am getting a 6800X for the extra performance AMD gonna give with the new tools.Bye Bye RTX 3080 you were fun but now your just a dirty used girl to me.:eek:

Associate
I have the same motherboard, just waiting for my 5900X to arrive and hopefully I can try to get the same results, although I suspect the 12 core chip won't boost as well

I'm also super keen for 6800XT for the SAM but I'm concerned that it's gonna be worse than RTX 3080 for Cyberpunk with RayTracing on!

Soldato
Well testing PBO out it was the lowest boost CPU core and it never went above the 5050Mhz,so I went with that.Also if you setting the settings positive or negative to high,you will not boot and I just figure 5050Mhz was good enough,it really does not make a difference in performance . I just like the bigger number.

Curve Optimizer. This feature enables frequency adjustment for each core in the processor without restrictions in BIOS. Not in Ryzen master yet or it could be I did not look. I can not explain it features cause I really do not know.I suspect in the next few weeks there will be a bunch of information.

I am using a 30£ CPU cooler and seen PBO boost up to 5200Mhz on my 5800X.Hence half decent air cooler will be the exact same.

I play 4k PC games so ram or CPU does not make a difference at all. You bet your behind though I am getting a 6800X for the extra performance AMD gonna give with the new tools.Bye Bye RTX 3080 you were fun but now your just a dirty used girl to me.:eek:

Im thinking of getting a Samsung G9 to bathe in maximum 250hz WRGB glory while having my toes warmed by crossfire 6900XT’s :p

I’m thinking the extra GPU performance of the 6900XT along with boost from the Infinity cache of the all AMD system might show some gains at 5120x1440. Another option is the CHG90 at a console peasant 3840x1080 resolution.

Associate
OP
Im thinking of getting a Samsung G9 to bathe in maximum 250hz WRGB glory while having my toes warmed by crossfire 6900XT’s :p

I’m thinking the extra GPU performance of the 6900XT along with boost from the Infinity cache of the all AMD system might show some gains at 5120x1440. Another option is the CHG90 at a console peasant 3840x1080 resolution.
Sounds like an awesome setup.I used to love Crossfire/SLI but gave up on it,running three top of the line GPU's and getting bad FPS got tired after years of doing it. I switched to LG 65" OLED for all my PC gaming now ,took some getting use to over sitting in front of a monitor but it is ok now.I been using a controller in one form or another for 40 years and I still can not use the controller.

I have the same motherboard, just waiting for my 5900X to arrive and hopefully I can try to get the same results, although I suspect the 12 core chip won't boost as well

I'm also super keen for 6800XT for the SAM but I'm concerned that it's gonna be worse than RTX 3080 for Cyberpunk with RayTracing on!
Nah you will be good,like I mentioned I seen up to 5200Mhz you should be no different.

Back
Top Bottom