• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5800X Boost set to 5050Mhz all cores with AMD Curve Optimizer

Soldato
W3ZCJGD

It definitely was the cooler got the freezer 240 installed and after messing around with voltages "default was like 1.4??? I got it to this
W3ZCJGD
Pics not showing but what's the new temps?

Soldato
Excuse the noob questions but I've recently picked up a 5800X and looking for some pointers in playing about with PBO2 and curve optimiser.

How do you determine your strongest cores? Use the likes of Clock tuner to do a scan or Ryzen master?

Someone suggested to me that I should just enable PBO2 and set -10 on all cores then leave it?

I assume you would then test in Cinebench or Prime95 for temperatures and performance/Stability?

Soldato
Excuse the noob questions but I've recently picked up a 5800X and looking for some pointers in playing about with PBO2 and curve optimiser.

How do you determine your strongest cores? Use the likes of Clock tuner to do a scan or Ryzen master?

Someone suggested to me that I should just enable PBO2 and set -10 on all cores then leave it?

I assume you would then test in Cinebench or Prime95 for temperatures and performance/Stability?
Keep pushing negative all core until it crashes and then check event viewer for which core caused the crash then adjust according.

Associate

There is an excellent video guide linked in this thread:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...ow-to-configure-pbo-curve-optimizer.18920081/

Associate
Well after 39 pages. and as a person who had an old AMD Athlon and then went Intel and got 5.3GHz Sandybridge air cooled and is now on a 5800X ...

should I be arsed trying to oveclock the mofo with optimiser this that or the other for a piddly 200Mhz if that? Or just be satisfied with a great AMD cpu after al these years for general desktop work?

Is all this worth the effort? AMD seems happy in how they have pre-tuned it before release.

Soldato
Has anyone gone beyond -20 CO values? I am testing my CPU with single thread prime large FTT non AVX load to simulate light work load to see if any of the thread falls apart. I managed to find instability in my best core at -15 so gone to -10 and currently fine. But all my other cores are -25 atm and they are still working fine with no issues. Just wondering if anyone has had similar or gone way beyond the usual -20.

Also I found if I leave my EDC TDC as default 140A and 90A then lower the TDP to 120w the temperatures are very manageable with my AIO - 1hr CB20 MT run only hit 68c

Associate
I'm trying to set the 5800x on the gigabyte aorus pro wifi Itx to the best oc settings

Actually i've this settings
max CPU boost override +200mhz
Scalar to 4x
Curve Optimizer Negative per core 20

Ppt 142
Tdc 95
Edc 140

The problem Is that when i launch cinebench(20 or 23) the clock freq arrive to 4.7 and stabilize ti 4.65 After few sec (measured in HWInfo)
When the system Is in Idle i see In hwinfo that some cores boost to 5050 (Red bar)

The RAM Is at stock 1333

The cinebench 20 scores Is quite diaappointing at 5840, while if use a 4.72 clock with manual OC i can score 6140

I recently overclocked the Ram to 3600mhz cl18 but it changed just a Little my scores..50 points or so in cinebench r20

I've a liquid freezer 2 280mm and temperature during occt small set with this setting never goes up 83degrees celsius

What i'm trying to understand Is why it doesn't boost to the 5050 at least on some core... Is something i've done wrong ? Should i activate something ?

The clock seems to lock on the 4.7 /4.67 during workload, but while in idle i can see some core going to 5050 peak .

Please help i'm loosing my mind o_O

Soldato
all core load frequency and single core load frequency are two different things

under all core load if you can get 4.7GHz then it is pretty darn good chip.

under single core the chips specification is 4.85GHz boost, but most if not all can go much higher with the Max CPU boost override setting.

if not all of your cores can go to 5050MHz on 5800x then you should dial down that boost override to which ever core can boost to. ie 150 175 etc values to save some BSOD issues down the line.

Soldato
the core thread will pass on from one thread to another between your top core. each core has two threads so ST load will bounce between two threads. if you dont get the 5GHZ+ mean the CPU doesnt think it is a good idea to hit 5GHz+. plus in CB20 or CB23 you wont get sustained 5GHz boost in ST. you get some boosts upto that clock.

also it may be silicon lottery.

your CPU is well above the spec basically from the looks of things and like pretty much all of the ryzen 5000 CPUs, they are able to boost well above the spec sheet values.

Associate
Hi all, I have a 5950X build which I have overclocked with curve optimizer absolutely fine over 5GHz. I am just now building a 5800X for someone else and I can't go any higher than +25MHz boost. If I try the AMD Ryzen Auto OC it will BSOD at boot (100MHz boost). Doesn't seem right. Is it really possible this CPU can't do better than +25MHz boost? Curve optimizer doesn't seem to help either. I am wondering if it's a BIOS bug or if the CPU is just 'rubbish'?

Back
Top Bottom