• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5850 Pre-Order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Seems odd that Nobody has responded to the 'when are the 5850s arriving?' in the various threads.

Realy wouldn't suprise me if OcUK don't get any stock until next week.

Soldato
i ordered powercolor 5850 last wed 8am in morning when there was 10+ instock, fatboy said they are getting the powercolor ones in today, dispatched to some of us today aswell, im also waiting for a foxconn blackops motherboard and some ddr3 1600mhz ram to go in a new nzxt guardian tower :)

as for the other 5850 brands like asus, xfx etc no one knows when they are in, anyone who ordered a powercolor 5850 on saturday should get it tomorrow i was led to believe, so lets see.

Associate
as for the other 5850 brands like asus, xfx etc no one knows when they are in, anyone who ordered a powercolor 5850 on saturday should get it tomorrow i was led to believe, so lets see.

People who pre-ordered the Powercolor on the 23rd were told (on the 24th) they were 100% confirmed for delivery to OCuK on Wednesday for delivery to customers on Thursday. However, i'd imagine that 100% doesn't actually mean 100% in the world of PC parts.

Associate
........... Having looked around, 5850 dates are being moved, removed & pushed back on a number of other websites; only HIS 5870s are around in any number. Shame - the 5850 looks the sweeter purchase of the 2 'launch' models.......

Soldato
Seems odd that Nobody has responded to the 'when are the 5850s arriving?' in the various threads.

Realy wouldn't suprise me if OcUK don't get any stock until next week.

Funny you should say that for saying that Fatboy was 100% that they would be in today and with customers tomorrow there has been no aknowledgement from OCUK at all on the matter. They are either flat out packing them or they have not arrived and made themselves look a bit silly promising something has not arrived.. Now i wonder which one it will be? :rolleyes:

Associate
I've got a full 750 quid order still sitting in warehouse queue that i ordered a week ago today, I really hope that they get the powercolor today.

I wanted to get it done by this weekend cause the kids are away for the weekend and i would have peace and quiet to build it.

That's not looking too likely now.

Soldato
I've forgotten about it now. I'm too busy to be annoyed if they don't come in today.

As long as it's with me before the weekend I don't mind, and that means delivering it on Saturday if they get them on Friday which I would expect OcUK to do.

Soldato
Never, ever, ever pre-order consumer electronics. Almost every pre-order I ever attempted (both here and elsewhere) has been horribly delayed.

I doubt 5850's will be widely available within the next month or so. You could pre-order here, see them come into stock elsewhere and miss-out. Likewise you can pre-order elsewhere and see them appear here first. Pre-ordering is a gamble, and IMO you are better off keeping your eyes peeled for when they do actually appear in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom