• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5850 Pre-Order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Never, ever, ever pre-order consumer electronics. Almost every pre-order I ever attempted (both here and elsewhere) has been horribly delayed.

I doubt 5850's will be widely available within the next month or so. You could pre-order here, see them come into stock elsewhere and miss-out. Likewise you can pre-order elsewhere and see them appear here first. Pre-ordering is a gamble, and IMO you are better off keeping your eyes peeled for when they do actually appear in stock.

That bit doesn't bother me. But we have actually been told these are 100% confirmed coming in today, so either they come in today, or we have been misled.

As the card isn't exactly available elsewhere we have to put up with it, but its still annoying. If they don't arrive today, then why have they not told us earlier (they were supposed to be shipped to OCuK on Monday)?

Associate
That bit doesn't bother me. But we have actually been told these are 100% confirmed coming in today, so either they come in today, or we have been misled.

As the card isn't exactly available elsewhere we have to put up with it, but its still annoying.

an Official answer would be nice too. that isnt asking for much :(

Associate
........ Other sites showing stock arriving today have now put dates back a week, others remain at 15 October. I expect I'll acquire a 5850 - I just don't think it'll be before mid-October.

Soldato
fatboy said 100% they are a getting a batch of powercolor 5850's today, and the majority of people who bought in time would get them tomorrow. ive not heard anything yet and my £357 order is still in warehouse queue, there shouldn't be a "100%" confirmation if this is not true, i better have this for the weekend or im not going to have time to build it until the following weekend. :o

Soldato
getting ridiculous now - no confirmation at all about the stock levels.

After the farce of last week taking my money when there was no stock (despite showing 5850's in stock) this is getting silly.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=14956282&postcount=575

I should be the first to know if any 5850's ship as Fatboy said i would get the first one due to ordering muck up made last week when the website showed the 5850's in stock.

Still nothing - sent a webnote - no reply

HELLO - ANYONE THERE?????

Associate
getting ridiculous now - no confirmation at all about the stock levels.

After the farce of last week taking my money when there was no stock (despite showing 5850's in stock) this is getting silly.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=14956282&postcount=575

I should be the first to know if any 5850's ship as Fatboy said i would get the first one due to ordering muck up made last week when the website showed the 5850's in stock.

Still nothing - sent a webnote - no reply

HELLO - ANYONE THERE?????

I was also told i was in position #2 today for the power colour card. fact is i dont think ocuk know anymore whether its coming in today. its a matter of waiting till 5.30 and see if they turn up before then :/

Associate
Reckon if we plead and were hot women they'd let us upgrade our 5850's to 5870's free of charge due to the wait? They have plenty of sapphire in stock :D I can arrange the first one, the second il borrow the mrs' makeup and see how we go.

Soldato
If it was anything/anywhere else we would all be going mental - basically i paid £200 on wednesday last week for something that no-one has seen, no one can tell me when i'm getting it, and the company i paid my money to doesn't seem to have a clue when the items are due in (5850). I must be mental !!:(:(

Associate
Got to feel sad for the pre orders I’m waiting till these are in stock before purchasing.

From the other thread "it’s not looking promising for them arriving today - we'll have to get an ETA from Powercolor tomorrow. They're asleep currently"

would have thought OcUK could track an incoming shipment :confused:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom