• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5850 Pre-Order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Got to feel sad for the pre orders I’m waiting till these are in stock before purchasing.

From the other thread "it’s not looking promising for them arriving today - we'll have to get an ETA from Powercolor tomorrow. They're asleep currently"

would have thought OcUK could track an incoming shipment :confused:

---------------------------------------------------------------

slighty worrying - you should have a shipping number at least from powercolor if the order has been dispatched. Just frustrating the lack of input from staff/powers that be at overclockers as to what is happening.

Soldato
I seem to recall reading ATI have made way more 5870 than 5850 for launch, makes sense I guess as they are struggling to fill any orders so they may as well use what they have for the higher priced model.

Soldato
I once saw a big etailer, not OCUK, ship to new customers before preorders!

It wasnt deliberate, just the system had a flaw that the stock needed to be added to the system first, then the process to fulfill pre-orders only ran once a day.

In-between those 2 events anyone could hit the site and buy the stock that had come in.

Soldato
"100%" this and a "100%" that, where is fatboy to answer to us, it was he who told me all this "100%" - we have been left in the dark again, this warehouse queue better say dispatched tomorrow or theres gonna be hell on!

Soldato
Fatboy is away for a few days.

I've managed to get hold of someone at Powercolor this evening who has confirmed they definitely shipped 2 days ago. Given that they didn't arrive today, I'd be very surprised if they didn't turn up tomorrow.

While we can get information from Powercolor, there is always a chance that couriers can let us down. If you think that couriers ALWAYS stick to delivery times then you are severely mistaken especially when air freight and forwarders are involved.

Soldato
could you check my order number, where in the queue am i?

here is my order number for the 5850: OC884414
and order number for motherboard and ram: OC888116

Last edited:
Soldato
Are the Sapphire 5850's still set for tomorrow? Also, any chance of getting a status of where im at in the queue for one of these (Sapphire 5850)?

OC887535.

Associate
I caved and changed my order to the Sapphire 5870 and dashed to OCUK in person to fetch my order.

I like to thank the nice gentlemen that served me after 5.30, he was most helpful and even went to the warehouse to check if the 5850's came in before I went for the 5870's. thanks again

Soldato
Are the Sapphire 5850's still set for tomorrow? Also, any chance of getting a status of where im at in the queue for one of these (Sapphire 5850)?

OC887535.

Im order OC885855 for the Sapphire 5850. Im hoping they come in 2moz :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom