6 Nations **Spoilers**

Soldato
Windle said:
BBC1 3pm

Gonna make the welshies cry ;)

Dream on. You've had your one good performance for the tournament and we've got a big point to prove. I don't think the scottish backs can contain ours and you haven't got the pack to rumble up the field like the English. I'm going for a 15-20 point margin to Wales. Time will tell if I'm right.

Soldato
Wales 14 Scotland 6 atm with Scotland down to 14 men after Scott Murray got red carded for kicking one of the Welsh blokes in the head! wasnt as bad as it sounds really he lashed out after the bloke late tackled him.

Football should take note as soon as Murray got up he apologised to the guy he kicked said he didnt mean it and even said sorry sir to the ref!

The highlight so far was Katherine Jenkins singing the Welsh anthem ;) I think if I was a rugby player she'd throw me off my game :p

Soldato
Slightly harsh on the sending off in my opinion, should have been a yellow and in the sin bin but a red is way up towards the very harsh punishment range for an offense of that type.

Kudos to Wales, they have the aggression and the drive to win. Scotland have been unlucky not to get a try from some good positions but so far i have only seen several short examples of a proper good scottish playing side in this match, and a far cry from the quality of the team last week.

With 1 player down, i think we'll be lucky to keep the Welsh from running riot.

Soldato
Gilly said:
Only caught the last ten and they won't show the kick. Was the red deserved?

Was a very late tackle from a Welsh player, and the Welsh player held him on the ground. Looked more like an instinct kick to remove the hold than an actual aggression kick which is why i think the majority of refs would have played the yellow, but sometimes the harsh decision has to be made so fair play.

Associate
Gilly said:
Only caught the last ten and they won't show the kick. Was the red deserved?

Under the letter of the law, yes it was deserved. Murray might say that it was just a reflex reaction to being tackled late and it certainly looked that way from the replay - there didn't seem to be a lot of intent in it. However, I don't think that either he or the Scottish side can really have many arguements against the card, however harsh it may seem.

Soldato
2 peaches at the end there, good to see scotland get the tries they deserved through the game and as the commentator said those points might make all the difference at the end of the day. Well played to Wales, better form than last week and i still have strong hopes for the scottish squad :)

Soldato
Shame about the sending off. Tipped the balance in what looked like an otherwise fairly even contest. Much credit to Scotland for not letting their heads go down when Wales got the third try. Under Williams I think they would have folded.
The backrow of White, Hogg and Taylor look to be a match for anyone at the moment.

England's trip to Murrayfield looks far from straightforward.

alx

alx

Soldato
It may not be straightforward but I still think England have an advantage in the front 5 and at 10/12/13. They do have a very good back row but hopefully we can starve them of possession and limit how much ball their back 3 get. How was the Scottish scrum doing before the sending off?(I only started watching at the end of the first half)

Soldato
A real pity about the sending off today but I think the Scots showed great determination to keep the margin to what they did, Then again the Welsh might well have taken their foot off the gas a bit.

I thought the sending off was harsh but then again at the end of the day it ended up with a kick to the head and I suppose that's got to be a red but put it this way, I've seem a whole lot worse seen by a Six Nations ref not even get a yellow - then again it was Steve Walsh.....

I think we (Scotland) have got real problems coming up against England in a fortnight. The scrum was under real pressure today, even before Murray was sent off and I can see Andy Robinson sitting there planning to get the English forwards to wheel, reverse wheel, shove and generally put our scrum under real pressure. All as Sh4rk has already anticipated :( ;)

Soldato
Yeah i can anticipate problems against the English scrum coming up, hopefully the defense + backs can fix the problems they had on sunday (dropped balls, throwing away passes) and work that.

Man of Honour
The Murray incident was unfortunate, he should have been sin binned but a straight sending off was very harsh in my view.

Man of Honour
Gilly said:
He kicked someone in the head :/

It wasn't a game of gay football where you get a penalty just for messing up a poncey haircut, rugby is a game for men, you are going to get a smack or two along the way. I had worse and gave out worse when I was playing.

The thing is it was an instinctive reaction and not a vicious premeditated act. Murray is not a dirty player and has never done anything like that before so it just seemed harsh to me.

Remember, it was a Welshman he kicked but as it was in the head and not the arse there was little chance of brain damage. :p

Man of Honour
AJUK said:
It wasn't a game of gay football where you get a penalty just for messing up a poncey haircut, rugby is a game for men, you are going to get a smack or two along the way. I had worse and gave out worse when I was playing.
Well whoop-de-do. I'm impressed I must say.

AJUK said:
The thing is it was an instinctive reaction and not a vicious premeditated act. Murray is not a dirty player and has never done anything like that before so it just seemed harsh to me.
I don't care what it was, he booted someone in the head and the rules state that its not allowed. There's nothing harsh about it, and it doesn't lessen the illegality within the game that from previous games he doesn't seem dirty!

Man of Honour
All the games this weekend were pretty entertaining again which is nice.

France absolutely decimated Ireland for the first half and then looked as if they forgot to show up for the second but still full credit to the Irish for a stirring comeback, totally like the old cliche about it being a game of two halves.

England were just about the better team but overall I'd say Italy could feel slightly aggrieved with the result, they performed admirably. I reckon that maybe one try separating the teams would have been a fairer result.

I can't say Wales didn't deserve to win, when you have a man advantage for 3/4 of the game it is more difficult not to but then I don't think Scotland deserved to lose either. When Scott Murray was sent off I have to admit I expected the worst and would have been pleased to avoid a whitewash but come the end of the game I found myself almost disappointed that Wales were 10 points clear, it was a closer game than that.

Soldato
Gilly said:
Well whoop-de-do. I'm impressed I must say.

I don't care what it was, he booted someone in the head and the rules state that its not allowed. There's nothing harsh about it, and it doesn't lessen the illegality within the game that from previous games he doesn't seem dirty!

I have to agree with Gilly, and worse than that I have to agree with Steve Walsh's refereeing.
Most ref's are still too lenient when it comes to punching and kicking. The law states that it is a a sending off offence no-matter the provocation or players disciplinary record.
The length of the ban Murray receives will be a good indication of how seriously the IRB are treating these incidents from now on.

Back
Top Bottom