Replacements:
Mefin Davies (Gloucester)
Gethin Jenkins (Blues)
Jonathan Thomas (Ospreys)
Gareth Delve (Bath)
Mike Phillips (Blues)
Gavin Henson (Ospreys)
Barry Davies (Scarlets)

Shane Williams out for the match with a dead leg, Gareth Thomas out for 3 months after his head nearly exploded after telling porkies on national television and Henson on the bench.

I Can't see the point of having Henson on the bench, if he's fit enough to be in the 22 then surely he should start instead of Luscombe with Watkins moving to 13, also what's with having Gethin Jenkins on the bench? Probably the finest prop in the Northern Hemisphere over the last 18 months. Put Duncan Jones on the bench and bring him on if Jenkins or Adam Jones tire late on. And it looks like we'll have to wait until after the six nations for the truth about the last few weeks to come out. You can say what you like about Welsh rugby, but it's never boring!

Soldato
jenkins hasn't playedwell since coming bacl from injury - he's nowhere near top in Northern Hemisphere on current form, the joneses hold their places on form imo.

I suspect gav is fit enough, but too rusty. We'll see him come on for the final quarter though I expect.

Feel bad for Alfie, hope he gets well soon.

Soldato
I'm surprised Lee Byrne wasn't at full back from match one with Thomas moving to outside centre.
I think the Jones' remain at prop due to their extra ballast. Gough and Sidoli are pretty lightweight for a second row pairing.

If Ireland play an open game like they did against France it will suit Wales, although you'd have to admit that Watkins and Luscombe are completely outmatched by O'Driscoll and Darcy.
I predict tries for both sides and a win for Ireland. :)

Soldato
I'd agree that O'Driscoll is better than the pair but I think Watkins is a better player than D'Arcy. Two years ago D'arcy was brilliant but he's gone downhill since then. Bizzarely, I think all the kerfuffle that's gone on in the last 2 weeks will galvanise the Welsh team and I think they'll come out all guns blazing. Wales by 10 for me (If they don't concede a couple of sloppy late tries like the last game!)

Soldato
Wha hey! Only 18 hours to go to Calcutta Cup time! Had to turn down a ticket as I couldn't get anyone to look after my kids :(

Never mind looking forward to a great game tomorrow, obviously hoping for a Scottish win but here's hoping for a great game and a good advert for the Union Game :)

Man of Honour
OP
Really looking forward to this, it's one of the best events of the year
flag1.gif

Edit: Blimey, their cheerleaders are fugly:eek:

Last edited:
Caporegime
England played badly I thought, especially attacking in the Scottish 22 - way too much turnover ball - Scotland had a great defence and just picked us off - deserved to win (sadly)...

Bah!!!

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Scotland is my least favourite place right now!.. they'd already lost one.. but noo.. no one else can win the grand slam if they cant.. :mad: .. when i plan my world domination im going to give Scotland some really rubbish part..

Back
Top Bottom