1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

64bit Compatible Wireless Card

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by Badgerboy, 19 Jan 2006.

1. Badgerboy

Gangster

Just put a 64bit Athlon together, running XP 64. The old Dlink card I had has no compatible drivers, so I have decided to purchase a new wireless PCI card.

Can anyone recomend a card that is compatible with XP64, and ideally has an Atheros chipset? (Not a major issue though)

Thanks

2. Dave L

Wise Guy

Do you HAVE to go wireless?

3. Xee

Wise Guy

I dont use wireless, but would be interested in knowing whats available for 64bit ;)

4. Mr Blonde

Caporegime

Drivers for Atheros based cards are thin on the ground at the moment. You also have to be careful as the chipset used on a model of card can also depend on the revision number of it. However there are some about for the following :

D-Link DWL-G520
    Drivers : http://america.giga-byte.com/Communication/FileList/Driver/64bit_wlan42052bin.zip

Netgear WG511T
    Drivers : People over at PlanetAMD64 have confirmed the the above driver will also work with this card.
    *It's a generic Atheros driver so should work with any Atheros chipset based card..theory has it.

Remember to check that it's got the Atheros chipset.

For other cards/chipset drivers combos take a look in this thread :
    http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showforum=17

Last edited: 20 Jan 2006
  5. Badgerboy

Gangster

Until the new house is Cat5'd, yes!

Thanks for the driver links. I'm currently running a 520, but I think it must be an old revision, as it doesn't like the drivers at all!

6. the_running_man

Gangster

Linksys WMP54G works fine here on Windows x64