64bit

Soldato
FatRakoon said:
And there is another reason why I go for Epson every time.
Not only are the inks chippy-cheap, they also have drivers for all my Epson Printers
Last epson i had, i found a large sponge in it with several cartridges worth of ink in it...

Soldato
Cyber-Mav said:
vista is gonna be 32bit and a 64bit version so if xp64 has not taken off well yet then i dount vista64 will either.
Last i heard, all mainstream versions of vista will be 64bit. The basic version, which is just an updated xp, is 32bit.
I doubt they would do each different flavour in 64 and 32bit versions...

Also the time will come during vista's lifetime whene games require more than 3gb of ram and then we will finally need 64bit.

Soldato
FatRakoon said:
Explain?

Firing orbs?

As in the levels near the end where you can use the grav gun to grab the things and shoot the combine with them?

I didnt get that far with my X64 install... I basically just ran *** first few levels and I found it to be fine.

OS Checks on installers.. Yeah, I have seen that a few times... This Program needs XP to run and so on... It did get a bit iffy, but for me, the stuff that didnt run, was also stuff that I didnt care about, I was just looking if it was going to play ball.

Yep that's the stage I am referring to. All of the other parts of HL2 were fine! Just those damn orbs :(

Soldato
Joe42 said:
Last epson i had, i found a large sponge in it with several cartridges worth of ink in it...

LOL. I know what you mean, I can accept that, however, I have an old C42 that is now being used for my kids' printouts in the LAN Room, and I have had to restore that bugger 5 or 6 times in the many years I have used it. I have printed out 1000's of full page, full colour sheets of pictures for the kids, and only about 6 months ago, I had to strip the bugger down, and the sponge waswet sure, but considering that it has had 100s of replacement inks, I thought this was very good.

Now, apart from the not-too-hot quality printouts, and the speed not being the quickest printer I have, I have found its by far, one of the most reliable I have ever seen... I was so impressed that I also bought a C44, and thats my main one that I use at home now. I also got an R200 ( does the CDs ) and thats much better in every way, but I use that at work.

I still say that Epson are the best printers all round.

Nahema said:
Yep that's the stage I am referring to. All of the other parts of HL2 were fine! Just those damn orbs :(

Cool. I will do a cheat to get me there then, cos I am not runnign through a whole game just to see what you are on about...

Soldato
Jimbo Mahoney said:
The only reason I see to move to x64 right now is if you need support for >3GB RAM.

And it's significantly less susceptible to virus attack. I've got 4Gb RAM in this one and no swap file at all. This improves SuperPi by about 2 seconds over the 2Gb test run, so it's definitely doing something.

Back
Top Bottom