65 inch TV recommended

Associate
I just bought the 55xe9305 and am very impressed. I'm no TV expert but the blacks and whites are so vivid it's amazing so I would go with rockermark suggestion.

I was initially going for the xe9005 but was recommended to look at the 9305 based on opinions from guys far more knowledgeable than me.

Thanks been suggested elsewhere but seems out of stock pretty much everywhere. I've seen the 55 inch and currys and was impressed

When I was recommended this it also showed as out of stock in most stores but found one in a store 30 miles away.

From the reviews I read after the suggestion it seems it's the closest you can get to OLED quality from an LCD

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
The Sony is excellent but the Panasonic is exceptional. It supports watching 3D programmes and the hardware inside its panel is of the highest possible class.

Apart from the Panel on the Sony being better with the Full LED Back light rather than edge lit (the XE93 and Z9 being exceptions to the Edge Lit story). The XE9005 is an amazing TV image wise and for the price its hard to beat at the moment, the Android system is not the fastest but its still not exactly slow and the image for HDR is something else.

Permabanned
The Sony has an external power supply brick and a lower-quality remote control.
The Edge-LED lighting on the Panasonic is not a problem and drawback.

Soldato
The Sony has an external power supply brick and a lower-quality remote control.
The Edge-LED lighting on the Panasonic is not a problem and drawback.

I'm not sure how the external power brick is really a problem, its easily hidden. The remote is more than adequate but thats nit picking.
The Panasonic has a peak light output (nit) of sub 500 which makes it struggle with HDR, where the Sony has almost 1000 which, whilst not up to the XE93, higher end QLEDs and OLEDs is at the price point very very good, and makes the likes of Alter Carbon in its dark scenes look outstanding.

and just for comparison...

http://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/panasonic-ex750b

Permabanned
I'm not sure how the external power brick is really a problem, its easily hidden. The remote is more than adequate but thats nit picking.
The Panasonic has a peak light output (nit) of sub 500 which makes it struggle with HDR, where the Sony has almost 1000 which, whilst not up to the XE93, higher end QLEDs and OLEDs is at the price point very very good, and makes the likes of Alter Carbon in its dark scenes look outstanding.

and just for comparison...

http://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/panasonic-ex750b

I have a 4K TV without HDR support and it's perfect. HDR is just a marketing gimmick for the clueless.
Sub 500 nits is the maximum brightness level which you normally will never ever reach.

Actually, I decrease the brightness level manually in order to protect my eyes from bleeding.

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the help. Getting a little confused now. Ha. I've seen the Sony 55 inch version and it was amazing. Just a little concerned about the light bloomin thing I'd read about

Soldato
I have a 4K TV without HDR support and it's perfect. HDR is just a marketing gimmick for the clueless.
Sub 500 nits is the maximum brightness level which you normally will never ever reach.

Actually, I decrease the brightness level manually in order to protect my eyes from bleeding.

So your 4K TV is perfect at displaying 4K, well done in your purchase.

HDR is not about having the brightest picture. It's goal is to mimic a real life scene through richer colours, contrast and brightness.

Back
Top Bottom