• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6600GT or 6800LE ?

Soldato
don't bother with the le. go for the asus v9999 a 6800nu with 12 pipes as stock. for 105 inc vat. its the best value for money card on agp at the moment. and its selling at a very fast rate. im shocked the price is still as low as it currently is.

Soldato
also take into account that the 6600gt has purevideo acceleration. thats a feature im looking for in my HTPC, so if you decide to sell your 6600gt there will be lots of buyers looking for it.

Soldato
NJ- said:
I tried 375 on the core and the temps went to 70+ (I haven't even touched the memory yet). :(

Anything else I can to do to improve my clock?.

that is getting quite hot. maybe its the Leadtek cooler helpin me then, im tempted to invest in a Arctic cooler asap really, makes hell of a difference supposedly. if your temps are getting that high maybe for the £15 its worth it for you too buddy .

I ran NFS just after reading your post, mines actually sets a new heat record with that game 66 degrees. so its a tough cookie on the beast you graphics card front.

if you want faster clocks and stability, sell your 6600 and invest in the arctic, i will get one soon too, so we can compare the difference it makes between our cards :)

Arctic Cooling nVidia 5 (6800 Series) VGA Silencer (HS-009-AR)
The Arctic Cooling NV Silencer 5 is ideal for Nvidia Geforce 6800/Ultra/GT AGP and PCI-E based graphic cards. It offers substantially better cooling performance over the nVidia reference cooler. With the Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer makes use of DHE (Direct Heat Exhaust) system. This carries the warm exhaust air directly from inside the case, thus the inside case temperatures are lower. By the large aluminum radiator box with copper base plate it needs only a slowly turning exhaust fan, in order to keep things cool. Thus operating at a very low noise level!

£11.95 :D

Ben

Last edited:

NJ-

NJ-

Associate
NJ- what brand of NU do you have?

I have a XFX 6800le.

im tempted to invest in a Arctic cooler asap really, makes hell of a difference supposedly.

I want to invest in an aftermarket cooler aswell. I read somewhere on this forum that the Artic cooler does not fit the 6800le properly because the molex gets in the way. I am not sure if this is 100% true, however because of what I read about the Artic cooler I am swinging towards the Zalman cooler.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom