• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6700k running mega hot help

Associate
OP
Didn't see the link :p but it looks like the motherboard is overvolting the CPU which is pretty standard for auto settings. I'd suggest setting a manual vcore of 1.2 would help a lot with the temperatures, maybe that had been done before and got wiped when it was reset resulting in a noticeable increase in temps.
tried that but still goes higher than what I set it, would lowering llc level fix this as from what I read the auto settings can cause the voltage to go higher than what you set it too

Soldato
thats a couple of mins after booting up and being idle, in game highest core goes 86 with rest 82-86 and thats instant temp change not after a few hours of gaming

How do the temps measure after a few hours of gaming? CPU temps tend to ramp up instantly under load, you wouldn't expect to see them gradually warming up.

86 is hot, but it's not component damaging threshold hot. As long as the system runs stable, then just keep an eye on the temps.

Soldato
tried that but still goes higher than what I set it, would lowering llc level fix this as from what I read the auto settings can cause the voltage to go higher than what you set it too
Yes LLC will cause the voltage to spike but normally only under load, not while idle. I'd be looking at running vcore in a negative offset mode to achieve 1.2v at idle and maybe some LLC if needed if vcore dropped under load, I know you're not confident with overclocking etc but now might be a good time to learn.

Associate
No recent BIOS updates perhaps? With my MSI board, it's a crapshoot whether an update will mess up the temps and stability of my overclock (although the last one has been very good and allowed me to pull back the core voltage and with it, the temps).

Also, check that you're using adaptive mode for the CPU core voltage.

Back
Top Bottom