• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6800 and artifacts question

Soldato
OP
gtir666 said:
I flashed my bily bogo 6800 with an xfx ultra bios, then used riva tuner to unlock a quad and an extra vertex, then overclocked mem to 1250mhz, and amazingly it still worked but hell did it get hot!(flashed it back to standard bios now) but still works fine which is the point, so i think it a bit poor that acard fails after year with no abuse, and my soul purpose is to kill my card but it wont have it and keeps going a bit wierd.

Anyways if you want gfx bios go to mvtech.net, get nbititor and change baord id to your own and bobs your uncle. Make sure you back up your bios before try flashing with another though!

ok tried nbititor and its reads the card but the bios is amber all my working cards read as green

Ive no idea what to do next, Ive got a 6800 bios from a Inno 3d card do i just use nvflash in dos to flash the bios?

Associate
i had artifacts on my bfg 6800gt which progressivly got worse then it just died after only 2 months....fan would not even spin, no picture on screen, bios beeps = no gfx card installed, tested with 6600gt (my gf's) comp was fine

had to RMA the 6800, it was totally knackered

(but since ocuk didnt sell that card any more they gave me £270 back, which means I could spend an extra £100 and get my 7800gtx :D woot, so not all bad)

Associate
b4 u rma it, lick the thermal paste holding the hsf, i wana know what it tastes like coz i know artic silver tastes like cherries but gigabyte paste tastes like dust... lol

Back
Top Bottom