1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

6800GS AGP Issue

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by PoliticallyCorrect, 25 Feb 2006.

1. PoliticallyCorrect

Hitman

My m8 has baught a 6800GS for AGP (overclockers UK one), and states that only the BETA drivers will support it.

After install, the PC will either hang before windows boots or just reboot and then not show as having installed.

So far he's tried rolling back to version 7 of forceware becuase some people reported having used them using a hacked INF - didn't work.

note: this is a fresh windows install.

2. marc2003

Capodecina

3. PoliticallyCorrect

Hitman

them drivers just dnt show up as having installed after reboot

Last edited: 25 Feb 2006
  4. Energize

Caporegime

Im thinking of buying a 6800gs. Should I avoid the ocuk one then?

5. PoliticallyCorrect

Hitman

I've read some posts, and most 6800GS on AGP have this problem. But PCI-E seems be fine because it's a completely different interface.

Last edited: 4 Mar 2006
  6. Mitch007

Wise Guy

roll up the very latest drivers. 7800GS AGP will require new-est driver.

7. Mattpm

Associate

I have the BFG 6800 GS OC 256MB AGP card. It comes with beta Forceware 82.12 drivers. They perform well.

The latest official nVIDIA drivers (81.98) however do not recognise my hardware.