• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6800XT/6900XT - AMD Only, Tier 1 Card Chat - PCB/Clocks/Powerlimit/Benches

Caporegime
April 2021, LtMatt opens the overclockers forum and posts on the 6900XT owners thread about his shiny new Sapphire Toxic.....

He uses the often used sentence on here ".....i paid a little bit more than i would have liked....."
Haha, I am definitely not buying it. You can take that one to the bank!

My days of buying GPUs are over, once i get my AMD Store purchased 6900 XT MBA that is. ;)

Why do you chop and change so much for essentially the same card? A 6800xt, and 3 6900xt's so far. Seems more than a bit pointless. :confused:
I always wanted a 6900 XT, so the 6800 XT was just a placeholder as that's all i could get and it was £600 delivered. Once the Merc 6900 XT came to light at a later date, I loved the look of it so wanted that too.

That said, I am a member at graphics cards anonymous. I shouldn't tell you this but I saw @djay and @JediFragger there last night. :o

Associate

My days of buying GPUs are over, once i get my AMD Store purchased 6900 XT MBA that is. ;)

I always wanted a 6900 XT, so the 6800 XT was just a placeholder as that's all i could get and it was £600 delivered. Once the Merc 6900 XT came to light at a later date, I loved the look of it so wanted that too.

That said, I am a member at graphics cards anonymous. I shouldn't tell you this but I saw @djay and @JediFragger there last night. :o

I was there this morning and bumped into @Metalface Mark !!! :D:D

To be honest I just get bored and love to purchase new stuff :)

Not even my signature can keep up as I'm using a 6900XT Merc right now (Fastest 6900XT around these parts, much to the annoyance of @LtMatt and @Illuminist ), although I might leave the signature as is because I think I might try and pick up another 3090FE shortly.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Actually looking at the review and I’m surprised it doesn’t boost any higher than some other people’s experiences with their 6900’s on air.

Other than the temps being lower of course, which is always a bonus.

Worth £2K? Probably not unless it beat the opposition at everything and not just ACV.

Caporegime
Actually looking at the review and I’m surprised it doesn’t boost any higher than some other people’s experiences with their 6900’s on air.

Other than the temps being lower of course, which is always a bonus.

Worth £2K? Probably not unless it beat the opposition at everything and not just ACV.
Looking at the GPU-Z screenshots from the review, looks like it's not gone above 320W.

So what you see in the review is likely not what real world performance you will get once you increase the power limits.

Put it in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing and it will be much faster than seen in that review.

Associate
Looking at the GPU-Z screenshots from the review, looks like it's not gone above 320W.

So what you see in the review is likely not what real world performance you will get once you increase the power limits.

Put it in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing and it will be much faster than seen in that review.

That basically means you need to buy one so we can see what it's really capable of ;)
Can't wait to see your testing and some profiles for it.

HRL

HRL

Soldato

Fair point. If it had been available near launch I’d have gone for one at the same price as the 3090FE. It is a bit too rich for me and I’ve already made my bed for this gen.

Should still be a cracker with more power. Was a bit surprised to see it losing out to the stock 3090 @ 4K on a few things though. Not ACV obviously, but that does seem to be an outlier.

Soldato
I was there this morning and bumped into @Metalface Mark !!! :D:D

To be honest I just get bored and love to purchase new stuff :)

Not even my signature can keep up as I'm using a 6900XT Merc right now (Fastest 6900XT around these parts, much to the annoyance of @LtMatt and @Illuminist ), although I might leave the signature as is because I think I might try and pick up another 3090FE shortly.

Harsh, ive only had one 6800XT, one 6800, one 3080, one 3070, 3 x 3090's....

Soldato

I may have eaten cupcakes and tea there myself
2 x 3080s and a 6900xt, 3090, 6900xt eek

Associate
The only thing toxic on that card is the price. :D

So if they ask a ton of money then why don't they deliver the tools to reach higher PL and frequency? You need to buy one hoping that it will reach higher values when using 3rd party software...if you put the Red Devil on water or any other 3x8 pins card, you have the same chance.

Soldato
OP
The only thing toxic on that card is the price. :D

So if they ask a ton of money then why don't they deliver the tools to reach higher PL and frequency? You need to buy one hoping that it will reach higher values when using 3rd party software...if you put the Red Devil on water or any other 3x8 pins card, you have the same chance.

Its the usual story, Silicon limit is X, if you get a golden chip it wont pull much power even when it hits the limiter.

I think what we saw in that tweaktown review is a golden chip if it can do 2700mhz stable at 320watts.

There will be people that want 'moar' but end of the day, I would sooner have a 320watt card at the limits of the silicon and run the card 24x7 with bios and pcb warranty intact rather than suicide running my £1750 card that I soldered by watching a youtube video to run at 500w+ just for an extra 800points on Timespy.

Anyways, here she is, full props to Hardware Unboxxed, she looks magnificent - give them a click here for the review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwafbnYGtw4&ab_channel=HardwareUnboxed

1ufupCnl.png.jpg

Soldato
OP
No need for Mods Beaty, just need MPT. :)

I will slowly erode your willpower, it will take time but i will get there.

Look at that Toxic PCB, its a work of Art, can't imagine the Liquid-devil or the Suprim X being any less lustful tbh.

Caporegime

LzmyqpV.jpg

Filthy Junkies the lot of ye! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom