• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6800XT/6900XT - AMD Only, Tier 1 Card Chat - PCB/Clocks/Powerlimit/Benches

Soldato
OP
Buildzoid has weighed in on the top tier cards here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azvn6H1vX28&t=1112s&ab_channel=ActuallyHardcoreOverclocking

The final tier one ranking list for this generation appears to be:

1. Asrock OC Formula
2. Sapphire Toxic Extreme
3. Powercolor Red Devil Ultimate Extreme + Asus Strix OC

It would appear the extra mile Asrock went to was the power/voltage input and therefore has the very best PCB of this generation.

If you want the best 6900XT PCB its the OC Formula.

Well done to Team Asrock.

Caporegime
Yep Astock got the best pcb, shame they didn’t go with an AIO as it’s held back by the cooler.

Toxic being second best and having an AIO was exactly the reason I went for it.

Caporegime
The Jesus card cometh to OCUK.

The 6900XT OC Formula is in stock.

How long will @LtMatt be able to hold out for?
Do you really think any other 6900 XT is going to beat a 6900 XT Toxic Extreme that currently sits at 3rd fastest 6900 XT in the world on Firestrike Extreme graphics score?

3DMark Fire Strike Extreme Hall Of Fame

Bearing in mind the two 6900 XTs in front of me are using Liquid Nitrogen and hardware modifications, whereas I am using the stock cooling, a 360 AIO.

Answers on a postcard. :)

P.S - Not denying the Asrock currently offer the best PCB for 6900 XTs, shame the cooler is a dogs dinner compared to the Toxic AIO. ;)

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

It doesn’t make it until Gigabyte upgrade the power input filtering to make it on-par with the others.
Hmm, my card didn't look like the one in buildzoids video. I should have taken a pic.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

if we can find photos and show they fixed it then fair dos. i will have a look over the weekend.

It's a shame Buildzoid doesn't quantify why he thinks it's bad - he even admits he doesn't know what effect it might have (although he does say it will be good for the power supply - but again - what does "good" mean?).

Caporegime
It's a shame Buildzoid doesn't quantify why he thinks it's bad - he even admits he doesn't know what effect it might have (although he does say it will be good for the power supply - but again - what does "good" mean?).
I think he probably only looks at things from an extreme, LN2, balls to the wall overclock perspective.

Back
Top Bottom