Poll: 70th Anniversary Grand Prix 2020, Silverstone - Race 5/?

• Thread starter Deleted member 651465
  • Start date

Rate the 70th Anniversary Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Leclerc 4th, Vettel 12th

Vettel putting in another performance that sows another tiny seed of doubt about his ability vs his title haul

Man of Honour
Max and Leclerc really are ******* awesome talents. Can't wait to see them battling for championships.

I honestly can’t see anyone beating max. He’s matured so much. He’s like Hamilton in the way that he is always on the attack, can manage beyond all others and is always there to capitalise. I suspect Mercedes and others will make him some big offers when Hamilton retires.

The Mercedes never did like high pressure tyres. They’ll have some work to do with the car now. Sounds like these pressure are here to stay.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I didn’t see much tyre management. I saw people pitting lots because the tyres kept blistering.

Caporegime
This season contitues to deliver, albeit this time down to tyres made of toffee. Great work by Red Bull and Max to get the win; I remain baffled why Mercedes didn't run the Hard in Q2. Fantastic drive on the last set by Hamilton, after being dismal on the second set. Fantastic drive from Leclerc as well, that Ferrari looks completely different in his hands to Vettel's, but I'm not sure why they didn't pit him for tyres near the end when he had a 19s gap. Surely it was the safer option?

Hulk to reds at the end just seems bizarre and clearly cost him a place. Not sure what I think about that. Stroll again delivered a solid, unremarkable, drive to bring the car home where it deserved to be. Albon did well passing through the field but was still a massive 36s behind his teammate, and clearly not in the same league. He's just not good enough for that seat.

As for Vettel, another hopeless inadequete performance combined with grumbling over the radio. I hope the rumour of Racing Point taking him are untrue, he doesn't deserve that drive. Sergio does.

Soldato
4/10

Not a lot happened. Too much tyre management.

Oh bottas does not look happy on the podium.
Too much tire management? It was an infinitely better race than last week - less tire management and more flat out racing.

Seeing the Mercs have to actually push is always welcome from me. Watching Hamilton have to push to overtake someone is way better than seeing him cruise around at the front, isn’t it?

Seeing teams at the front using different strategy to try and outsmart the other is great too and that was down to the tires. Harder compound, 1 stop races are snoozefests, I’d much rather see teams drive around soft tires that fall apart.

It wasn’t a classic but I wouldn’t have said it was boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom