Poll: 70th Anniversary Grand Prix 2020, Silverstone - Race 5/?

• Thread starter Deleted member 651465
  • Start date

Rate the 70th Anniversary Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Seen so many people elsewhere saying that Hamilton was accusing Red Bull of cheating...

I don't think people realise that the lower limit pressure is just that, a lower limit. They can run higher pressures than that if they want.

Mercedes may have been doing just that and Red Bull may be running at the lower limit. So yes, Red Bull may have been running lower pressures than Mercedes.

But no, just cries of "Hamilton said Red Bull are cheating!!! REEEEEEEEE!"

Soldato
Seen so many people elsewhere saying that Hamilton was accusing Red Bull of cheating...

I don't think people realise that the lower limit pressure is just that, a lower limit. They can run higher pressures than that if they want.

Mercedes may have been doing just that and Red Bull may be running at the lower limit. So yes, Red Bull may have been running lower pressures than Mercedes.

But no, just cries of "Hamilton said Red Bull are cheating!!! REEEEEEEEE!"

Don’t the FIA put the pressures in? Or just check the tyres after the team do?

Soldato
Hulk brought in for 3rd time seems a really odd choice?

Bottas screwed on strategy?

Great drive by Max.

I thought it too. Even if he was complaining about the tyres, they were near the same age as Stroll's. No risk of failure. Albon was catching the pair of them quickly, but had RP not have brought Hulk in and just told him to manage/deal with it for the last few laps, he could well have finished ahead of Albon. Hulk was around 2 seconds ahead of Stroll, by the time Albon got past Stroll, the leaders were on the last lap, so would have been touch and go as to whether Albon could have both caught and passed Hulk.

All that being said. The team is likely know much better than we do, and either way it's still a decent result.

Soldato
Hulk to reds at the end just seems bizarre and clearly cost him a place. Not sure what I think about that. Stroll again delivered a solid, unremarkable, drive to bring the car home where it deserved to be. Albon did well passing through the field but was still a massive 36s behind his teammate, and clearly not in the same league. He's just not good enough for that seat.

Yeah, going to the softest tyre was really strange. Going to the softer tyre to try and make up places hasn’t worked a massive amount in this recent era it’s always usually been better to use a newer set of whatever people around you are running mainly because they’ll allow multiple attempts at an overtake rather than fizzling out at one go..

Man of Honour
Don’t the FIA put the pressures in? Or just check the tyres after the team do?
There's a minimum pressure set by Pirelli, and the pressures are monitored by the FIA. Pressures taken when fitted to the car at the start of the race and the other tyres are routinely checked throughout the weekend.

Soldato
Watched the highlights for the first time in a long time. Is it just me or is David Croft the most annoying commentator of all time - just screams constantly.

As for the race. I used to watch F1 fanatically, drifted away in the late 2000s still don't miss it.

Soldato
Good performance from Max and RB. Nice to see a different winner as I don’t think it will be that common for the rest of the season.

Caporegime
I dunno. If I was hulk I'd have refused to go in and just stayed out.
Have to say, I wonder if they didn't want hulk ahead of stroll. I never like conspiracy theories. But this one seems off.

As expected Hamilton beat Bottas. Bottas might as well give up really. There really is no point.

Great drivers by leclerc and verstappen.
Lol vettel. Least he's getting entertaining

Wonder if he really has lost the skill, or he literally doesn't care in this team?

Unbelievable different race to a week ago. Pirelli need to bring dodgy tyres more often!
Maybe they just shouldn't tell the teams which tyres they are using! :D

Soldato
Definitely something going on with Vettel, you don't just magically become **** overnight. I doubt Ferrari are purposely crippling him, I also doubt that motivation is as much as issue, as you'd still expect him to be performing, but maybe 4 tenths off Leclerc if he was lacking motivation.

I wonder if the the way developed the car has just left him completely lost and unable to drive around it. Same as Red Bull when they lost the blown diffusers.

Soldato
The tyres are much harder next weekend which possibly helps Mercedes

Put soft tyres on the car with the most power and downforce, run them on a very hot track which is one of the toughest on tyres due to it's constant high speed, and it's no wonder the tyres suffered. Verstappen may get a win or two due to lucky circumstances, but he's not going to win a championship relying on luck.

Caporegime
It's a bit of a shame that if Pirelli bring. Softer and softer tyres they can pull the championship away from merc.

Imagine how different the championship could look if Pirelli just changed thier tyre choice to soft from the start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom