£760 spec please

Associate
young lad said:
Cheers m8 will do 1 final thread on this then will buy if its best any 1 can coem up with:)

I would have gone for the other dual core spec which is equally as good, but that's down to user preference :)

Associate
OP
Well do you think it it better? and is it same price and run games well / better?

Then if it does i will go for that but maybe iwht this week only ram is i can afford?

Cheers m8

Associate
young lad said:
Well do you think it it better? and is it same price and run games well / better?

Then if it does i will go for that but maybe iwht this week only ram is i can afford?

Cheers m8

Well the dual core rig involves playing about with the other parts to make it stay within budget. Here, you'll see what I mean:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+ (Socket 939) - OEM (CP-152-AM)
£193.82
Asus A8N-E nForce4 Ultra (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard (MB-088-AS)
£72.79
OcUK Value 2GB (2x1GB) PC3200 184pin DDR Memory Dual Channel Kit (MY-006-OK)
£105.69
Connect3D ATI Radeon X1800 XT 256MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-044-CO)
£234.94
Western Digital Caviar Special Edition 160GB 1600JS SATA-II 8MB Cache - OEM (HD-047-WD)
£55.17
NEC ND4551 16x16 DVD±RW Dual Layer LabelFlash ReWriter (Black) - OEM (CD-026-NE)
£32.84
Antec SLK3800BUK Black Quiet Midi Tower Case - 400W SmartPower PSU (CA-048-AN)
£61.04
Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro CPU Cooler (Socket 754/939/940) (FG-000-AR)
£15.22

Total inc VAT: £771.51

You have to budget and play with RAM/mobo to get the dual core to stay within your £770 budget. This rig is ideal for gaming and multi-tasking, the other rig is for pure gaming. It's upto you to choose which one you prefer.

Associate
young lad said:
I have £800 very max max max budget and that means i will drop on monitor a little but 17" is ok so what do you think i should do to the dual core?

There really isn't a correct answer to your question to be honest. It's all down to what you want to do with the system. Gaming is more enjoyable on a 19" monitor. Dual core is slowly but surely becoming the norm and games will slowly begin to take advantage of it. So, pick whatever spec you think meets your requirements. If you want another spec on a different budget, let me know :)

Associate
OP
ok £800 1 core then when more money comes when dual core is a must will upgrade but just crnt live with out a 19" :) lol

£800 1 core maybe a diff gfx card or the same up 2 u :)

Cheers pal

Associate
young lad said:
ok £800 1 core then when more money comes when dual core is a must will upgrade but just crnt live with out a 19" :) lol

£800 1 core maybe a diff gfx card or the same up 2 u :)

Cheers pal

I thought the £800 was to accomodate for dual core and better ram than ocuk value stuff? :confused: You still want single core? If yes, then the above single core rig is your best bet.

Associate
young lad said:
I am going with the singel core then in september where dual core is a must will upgrade about £300 worth so will be better imo u agree?

I'm not sure if socket 939 will still be around in September (in terms of retailers) because socket AM2 is coming out on June 6th.

Honestly mate, choose whatever rig you like. They're equally good in their own way.

Associate
young lad said:
Cheers but if thats the case that 939 wont b around then best 2 wait and see what mm2 is it bring around?

Will go for the singel core and a x1800xt 512mb i think

lol, that's another debate - to wait or not? AM2 is not really going to be a drastic change, just support for DDR2 memory.

Why dont you create a new thread and ask what everyone else thinks...post the two rigs above and see what they say.

Associate
Will the PSU in that case be sufficient/ have all the correct connections for whats needed?
I only ask ask when i first used these forums and asked for some help in deciding parts i was recommended not to use the lower power PSU's that come with the case but to get a hiper type-r 580W instead.
In no way am i an expert on PSU's, i'm just trying to remember the advice i was given 3 or 4 months ago ;)

Zeph.

Associate
Zephyrus said:
Will the PSU in that case be sufficient/ have all the correct connections for whats needed?
I only ask ask when i first used these forums and asked for some help in deciding parts i was recommended not to use the lower power PSU's that come with the case but to get a hiper type-r 580W instead.
In no way am i an expert on PSU's, i'm just trying to remember the advice i was given 3 or 4 months ago ;)

Zeph.

Being an Antec case, it will come with a quality Antec PSU. So that PSU will be more than enough for that rig. :)

Associate
OP
Done it lads went for the single core and getting built 2 morrow and hopefully have it running 2 moz night:) will post what i think:)

Cheers for all the help and went for the samsung 913n monitor also :)

Back
Top Bottom