1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

7600 vs. 7400

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by SooTyLaD, 31 Jul 2006.

1. SooTyLaD

Mobster

ok peeps, quick question:

in laptop terms... for an extra 60 quid is it worth having a 128MB 7600 GO over a 256MB 7400 GO?

(strange quesiton i know but those are the configurations offered by sony...)

cheers :)

2. Cyber-Mav

Capodecina

In one word: YES.

my laptop is stuck with its crappy intel gfx card and unfortunatley i can;t upgrade the gfx card which is the same problem nearly all lappy owners face. so its best to get the best gfx card you can when you first purchase your laptop.

3. SooTyLaD

Mobster

oh ok... cool, but my question was more relating to the fact that the better one has half the memory :confused:

does this not kind of... "balance it out"?

4. Mongy2130

Gangster

Possible the go version uses shared system memory and the better one has dedicated ram

5. Graeme43

Gangster

better gpu + less ram is better than less good gpu + more ram usually :)

watch out for those 512mb 6200s, they fool some less knowlegable people into thinking they are good ;)

6. Cyber-Mav

Capodecina

exactly what i was gonna say.