1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

7600GS - Upgrade from 5900xt

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by HumanShield, 10 May 2006.

1. HumanShield

Soldato

Well, im in the process of moving to PCI-e, and I was wondering what the 7600GS is like. Im moving from a 5900XT, my monitor only goes up to 1280x1024, and im not really someone who really cares about AA or AF as i never have had the chance to try it.

So, i was looking at the 7600GS as a replaement card.

Does anyone have one of these? Are they any good? I certainly expect i would see an increase in performance from my 5900!

Or should a spend a little extra or go for something else around £100

quick edit: looks like a 7600gt is a fair card for a bit more?

Last edited: 10 May 2006
  2. ACESHIGH

Mobster

7600GS is slightly faster than a 6600GT, which is bit faster than a 9800pro.

3. Emlyn_Dewar

Capodecina

It'll trash your 5900! If you can I'd recommend stretching to the GT though, it is quite a bit faster and is meant to OC a treat!

4. Fulcrum

Hitman

The GS will be fine for those resolutions, AA makes everything smoothed out. I dont normally bother with it but it is a nice option to have and it should cause no fps penalty with that amount of power