• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7600GT aftermarket cooler...

Associate
Hello,

Quick question, will the 'Artic Cooling Accelero X1 Cooler (6800/7800 Series)' fit on a 7600GT.

Now, before you flame me, i know it says 6800/7800, and the AC website says that it'll do the 7900GTO (iirc) but im left wondering if it fits so many cards, and that the 7600 is sort-of inbetween the 6/7800's, that it might fit!!

Im asking cos the 7600GT fan is a damnable little whirlwind when it kicks in, and ive had really good experience with AC in the past. If not, can anyone recommend a similar quality VGA cooler that is relatively quiet!

Merci!
John

Associate
Anyone got the Zalman VF900-CU to fit there 7600 GT AGP i got one but doesn't seem to fit and it doesn't say in the guide anything about being compatible with the 7600's, But on there website here it says it's compatible?

And if it doesn't fit anyone got any other recommendations other than the zalman?

Soldato
ozz109 said:
Anyone got the Zalman VF900-CU to fit there 7600 GT AGP i got one but doesn't seem to fit and it doesn't say in the guide anything about being compatible with the 7600's, But on there website here it says it's compatible?

And if it doesn't fit anyone got any other recommendations other than the zalman?

Should fit unless your 7600 is a PCI-E native chip using a bridge to convert it into a AGP card. The bridge chip gets in the way. Not sure if that applies to 7600GT though.

Associate
Thats what it looks like i'm not sure what to look for on the card for the bridge.
7600gt-300.jpg

Associate
hmm i cut the two plastic needles holding the original cooler on thinking i had no need for them when i got the new zalman on, So i either need to find two of those plastic needles from somewhere or get a new graphics card lol

Damn things always end up with another problem.

Associate
Thanks Mekrel, I'll kick em an email although it says about the AGP HSI bridge chip ill ask whether the Leadtek is covered or not.

Back
Top Bottom