• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7600K upgrade options?

Associate
Hi All,

Bought my 7600K a few years ago (when 4 core i5's were cool).

I've noticed in games like R6 Siege, Battelfield, and even Resident Evil 2, are maxing all 4 cores out and I feel like im not letting my new Sapphire Vega 64 get to it's full potential.

I've looked at loads of videos, and all the bar charts are different on so many channels, im not sure what to believe.

I don't have unlimited budget, but I'd like to get something that will last a few years.

Looked at the obvious like the 8700k, 9700k, but AMD seems to be pulling me with the cost/value.

What's the thoughts on a 2600x? Is a 2700x really worth £100 more, just for gaming.

I know it's not gonna be blazing fast compared to the 7600k, but will the additonal cores/threads stop my bottleneck situation?

Appreciate any feedback.

Soldato
I have the same cpu, I can't comment regards to re2 but I've ran the other games no issue, that's with max settings as well.

Is there an issue besides max cpu your getting?

Associate
I bought a b grade 7700k from oc for about 240 quid and dropped that in. Sold the 7600k for about 160 but some were going for nearly 200 at the time. Could look at s/h 7700k for right price.

I was looking at 8700k/ 8086k at the time but could not justify the cost/ performance increase. 7700k is still going strong and will try and keep it till ddr5 comes out. I think it will last a couple more years where I can do a proper cpu/mb/ram overhaul.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom