1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

7800GS AGP problem...

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by ferret face, 2 May 2006.

1. ferret face

Wise Guy

Hi,

I have one of the Gainward 7800GS AGP cards but sometimes while playing Oblivion the screen will just go blank. I can still hear what is going on and the pc stays on but there is no signal to the monitor.

Any ideas???

Ferret

2. saffyre

Hitman

I believe its a bug with oblivion, nothing to do with your gpu. Happened to me and many others so i would worry too much.

3. ferret face

Wise Guy

ok thanks

4. chippy001

Associate

It happened to me as well when I had my card (the same as yours btw)overclocked at 515Mhz. A couple of days ago i underclocked the card to 505mhz and never experienced this blank screen problem again since then. To tell you the truth, however, I am not really sure whether this was indeed an overclocking problem or not. It could well also be a bug. Anyway, try underclocking the card and see how it goes.

5. ferret face

Wise Guy

ok will do,

cheers