1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7800gt price drop soon??

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by aardvark, 24 Jan 2006.

1. aardvark

Sgarrista

i'm going to upgrade my graphics card soon (from a 6600gt) but i'm not sure if i should wait a little bit longer to get a 7800gt - what with the 7900 probably making an appearance soon, is it worth waiting for a price drop on the 7800gt's? or am i just being a tight git?

2. Rainwarning

Associate

i'd wait if I were you. No good games coming out soon so no point upgrading now.

3. roadie

Mobster

I'd wait until the new 0.09n cores come out if I were you. That's what I was planning to do but something came up and I had to jump on it.

4. Gibbo

Commissario

HI there

No price drops on 7800 GT I am afraid.

5. aardvark

Sgarrista

what makes you so sure gibbo?
    is it not possible that your suppliers might be able to drop the price soon?

thanks

6. Gibbo

Commissario

Nope, supplies don't control pricing the manufacturers do.
    OcUK buys all VGA from manufacturer and as were the UK no.1 on graphics we are given all information regarding price drops, product releases etc. etc. hence why OcUK is normally first on price drops and with new products. :)

NVIDIA 7800 GT will remain the £175 +VAT region, they will never drop below £150 +VAT, so any price change will be minor at best.....

7. aardvark

Sgarrista

fair enough - i'll see how much money i have at the end of the month and probably get one

cheers

8. DanMc07

Mobster

Is this the same with the GTX? Sure I herd they were dropping in price

9. Gibbo

Commissario

They need to drop in price but NVIDIA say no as their argument is all stock is sold out at current prices and hence no need for a price drop......