• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7800GT Thread, post your mods and clocks here.

Associate
Trixxy, that is darn impressive.

I've got my leadtek up to 485 / 1.07 but, though i got 8124 at 3Dmark05, it artifacted pretty bad. It's pretty much artifact free at the speed in my sig. Playing with the PCI-E frequency in the BIOS seems to have an effect too. Raising it seems to limit the overclock, but gives you better performance per mhz. It'll require a bit more testing though before i work out if it can be used.

Associate
Using Leadtek 7800 GT, Forceware latest WHQL 81.98, Zalman VF700-AlCu cooler on silent mode, detect optimal suggests 486/1170, but I get black triangle/polygons popping up every now and then. From the sounds of it must be from the core, because last night I was testing playing some FEAR with just the core clocked and got artifacts again. I also get hottish temps at about 82C when fully clocked. I may reapply AS5. More testing needed.

How does detect optimal clock work exactly?

Back
Top Bottom