• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7800GTX faster than X1800XT?

Permabanned
LOL... ROFLMA.... LOL LOL BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that was me losing my marbles incase you didnt notice, i lost them for the reason that ive read yet another thread about [Nvidia model] v [ATI model] where one claims to be faster than the other... but no one ever asked this question...

given what ever bench marked card comes out on top and given that the results are usually only 5 to 7 % in favour of one card or the other....

who gives a flying **** .... :)

surely, most people are gonna go,

"hmmmm, that one beats that one by a few fps but the other ones cheaper, "*engages logic in head* "i will get the cheaper option for its value for money...."

unfourtunatly a few people seem to shop abit like this ...

hmmmm, that one beats that one by a few fps but the other ones cheaper, *engages logic in left testicle* "i will buy the more expensive option for a whole 5% extra fps, that will certainly compensate for years of abuse at school and give me a huge willy to wave, "

the only people who should by an overly expensive card for a few % more fps in some areas are BMW drivers.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well i currently have my 7800GTX and old 7800GT for sale to fund my X1800XT 512MB.
What clocks should i expect once on the pe bios.
Also is the fan loud as i found the fan on the 7800GTX loud when it span up.

Sam

Associate
hyper7racer said:
Well i currently have my 7800GTX and old 7800GT for sale to fund my X1800XT 512MB.
What clocks should i expect once on the pe bios.
Also is the fan loud as i found the fan on the 7800GTX loud when it span up.

Sam

The x1800xt is propably a lot more noisy. My sister just came in and wondered why I kept turning the vaccum cleaner on and off :D

Soldato
sablabra said:
The x1800xt is propably a lot more noisy. My sister just came in and wondered why I kept turning the vaccum cleaner on and off :D

So why is it I can't even hear my x1900 when idle and its the same noise level as my case fans which are quiet when running a game?

Actually the fan hasn't even spun up lately so its perfectly silent.

Soldato
The fan in gaming is quieter than the nV but a lot louder at 100% (only at startup and if you set the fan to 100% at a certain temperature) because it never gets hot enough usually to run 100%.

Soldato
I can hear the fan on my X1800XT but only if:
* Ive just switched it on -> fan 100%
* I put my ear right next to the case
* I just finish playing a game like fear which really pushes the gpu. a slight hum which soon dies down.

Also -> why is the control panel such a big issue? I open / mess about with the control panel once every driver install. job done -> never open again.

Last edited:
Associate
speeduk said:
So why is it I can't even hear my x1900 when idle and its the same noise level as my case fans which are quiet when running a game?

Actually the fan hasn't even spun up lately so its perfectly silent.

Most guys I've spoken to complains about the noise from the x1900, so I can't quite see how your's so silent. However, I flashed my card to x1800xt PE, which produces a lot more heat(although propably not more than x1900xtx). But it never reaches full 5000rpm. I think the max it reaches is about 3000rpm, which is fairly noisy. At 5000rpm it turns into a vaccum cleaner :D

Caporegime
sablabra said:
Most guys I've spoken to complains about the noise from the x1900, so I can't quite see how your's so silent. However, I flashed my card to x1800xt PE, which produces a lot more heat(although propably not more than x1900xtx). But it never reaches full 5000rpm. I think the max it reaches is about 3000rpm, which is fairly noisy. At 5000rpm it turns into a vaccum cleaner :D
Some people just don't like the truth.

iI would look up revies if I was use, thats the only way you will find out how noisy a card is and how power it uses and heat it outputs.

Back
Top Bottom