• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7900GT - Second DVI output occasionally cuts out?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I've recently built a new PC with an NForce 4 motherboard, 1GB ram, and a 7900GT with twin DVI outputs. At present I'm running the 84 series graphics card drivers.

My PC is linked via DVI to a TFT (on output 1) and also to a Panasonic AE500 projector (on output 2).
I seem to have a odd issue whereby every 45mins (ish), the output to the projector will cut out temporarily. It's fairly easily solved by cyclying through the PC input options on the projector, which then re-locks onto the DVI output.
The inference is that the DVI output 2 temporarily stops sending a signal.
I've tried swapping the cables over and also using the output from input 1, but that's just as bad.

Any thoughts on potential solutions? I've tried using 81 series drivers for the 7900GT, but they don't recognise my graphics card. I'm certain that it's not the cables, and changing the projector is not a viable option as it's out of warranty.

Back
Top Bottom