• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7900GT swap to X1800xt?

Associate
Vegeta said:
With watercooling i reckon it could be done, cmon some of you users here must have quality ram/chip and a x1800xt on water cooling, tell us what scores your getting! i'm on a crappy cabage opteron [email protected], ram at 190fsb and a minute overclock scoring past 10k.

I'm running x2 [email protected], ram at 200mhz 2-3-2-5, and I almost hit 11,3k at 780/864. Maybe with the new cat 6.5 I get a bit more. And I haven't tweaked the drivers at all. Setting at low quality is cheating you know! :D

Soldato
sablabra said:
I'm running x2 [email protected], ram at 200mhz 2-3-2-5, and I almost hit 11,3k at 780/864. Maybe with the new cat 6.5 I get a bit more. And I haven't tweaked the drivers at all. Setting at low quality is cheating you know! :D

I wouldnt class that a high cpu/ram settings for 3dmark 05.

The x2 3800+ at 2.8ghz is effectively a single core venice @ 2.8ghz in 3dmark 05? It's still holding the gpu back a little bit even then, i'd want to see it run on a opteron at 2.8+ghz or more.
Those ram timings are preety easy to achieve also with most half decent ram nowadays at 200mhz, I would like to see some guy running those kind of timings on 250/300fsb with a powerful high overclocked cpu and I reckon it could definetly reach over 12K with the clocks you have on your card.
I havent changed any quality settings btw with my pc as I cant, dont use ccc or ati tray tools and both arent comptabile with ati tool for me :/

Is everything you got under water?

Back
Top Bottom