1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

7900gtx driver settings?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Lynx24, 7 Jul 2006.

1. Lynx24

Gangster

Hi all, jest need a bit if help, what the best setting for SLI

1:Split Frame Rendering
    2:Alternate Frame Rendering
    3:Single GPU Rendering

2. chris06

Gangster

All depends on what game your playing.

If you install coolbits you get a few other modes as well.
    The one that usually works best is alternate frame rendering. Best thing to do is to just try them out and go with which ever gives better fps :)

3. Lynx24

Gangster

hi mate, i mostly play BF2, is alternate frame rendering mode the best for that game with 4xAA and 8/16xAF?

4. chris06

Gangster

to be honest I dont really change many of the settings. I just keep the default profiles that come with the drivers unless i'm having any problems.

You can check to see if there working by enabling gpu load balancing.
    if its a vertical green bar down the left its using alternate frame rendering and if its a single horozontal green line it will be split frame rendering.

5. YooEntSinMeROYT

Mobster

Alternate Frame Rendering gives the best performance in most games.
    Installing Coolbits will give you the option of using SLI Antialiasing. Which will give you higher AA options such as 16xAA