1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

7950 gx2 2000 score in 3dmark06?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Locutus, 14 Jul 2006.

1. Locutus

Associate

Ok just built this rig 1 week ago. and simply cannot get this 7950 gx2 to get much above 2000 in 3dmark06. Clean winxp install with sp2 and using latest Nvidia drivers 91.31. All other drivers are installed and upto date. Had to update Bios to 0709 to recognize both Gpu cores and the nvidia control panel still says the mobo wont support Sli but surely I should be getting at least the score of a single Gpu?

Im starting to think this mobo does not support this gfx card fully?

Tried various other drivers using driver clean to always clean out the old drivers first.

Any help much appreciated

Cheers

2. andicole0

Soldato

The P5WD2 is not on Nvidias list of 'tested' motherboards.

Andi.

3. spb251272

Hitman

That is not good :eek:

Can you not sell your mobo/cpu and get an AM2 combo? Or you could wait for Conroe, but if I'd just built a PC with a 7950GX2 I'd want it to work properly now!

How does it perform in games? Is it just 3Dmark that is performing so poor?

4. Mr Mister

PermaBanned

what are the individual scores for 3d06?

5. Locutus

Associate

3dmark03 - 9937
    3dmark05 - 3166
    3dmark06 - 2006

PANTS!!

Only just baught this board,cpu,mem and gfx. I have seen 1 post of someone saying they had this board and gfx card and it worked for them.

can play BF2 ok with maxed out settings at 1280x1024 and its playable but i still cannot play cod2 at a playable frame rate.

If I have to i will ditch this mobo and cpu
    and buy a ANOTHER 1 :mad:

6. dante6491

Soldato

individual scores per companant ie.

cpu = sadgsdg
    gfx = q3rwet
    etc

7. Arcane

Mobster

The Bad Axe is compatible iirc, fleabay the mobo and put it towards the Intel board, you can keep the CPU then.

8. Locutus

Associate

If its possible i would like this to work but if all else fails. Then a mobo swap it will be. Would that Bad Axe Board still allow me still to overclock this cpu?

3dMark06 screenie.

[​IMG]

9. Stelly

Don

from what I have heard Bad Ave rev 304 locks some overclocking menus out of the BIOS unless you have a Conroe on the board

Stelly

10. Locutus

Associate

Could it just be a bios setting?

Also emailed tech supprt for this gfx card, i dont hold any
    hope of an answer :(

Sorry for my impatience. but after splashing out on this
    setup im eager to get it upto speed :D

And the next question is if all else fails, And a new mobo is the cure, is it possible to buy a board that will take this chip+OC it and maybe a Conroe later (is that possible).

Xmas is only 5 months away you know :D

11. Goody_GTI

Mobster

it could always be a dodgy 7950 ?

12. moody

Wise Guy

Have to agree with goody.

Surely if it was a problem with the bios more then likely at least one of the two cards would work. And even one card working would produce a higher score then 2000 in 3dmarks06.

13. Hawklord

Wise Guy

Have you installed the chipset drivers? as that doesn't look too good atall :eek:
    I'd make sure it's seated properly and all the relavent power cables are connected. Maybe try a different rail and make sure the core and memory not underclocked by default for some reason.
    What temps are you getting?

Last edited: 15 Jul 2006
  14. Foehammer2003

Hitman

I get a 06 mark of 2107 with a 1600XT so yours should be well above that... have you got access to another rig someone may have to test that GPU on a differing rig, that way your could tell if it was the graphics or your mobo

15. gord

Capodecina

This is the answer i want. Have you installed your motherboard chipset drivers, i imagine the card is PCI Express so its not AGP3.0 your installing but the equivalent of.

I remember my first rig that underperformed graphically.. i hadnt installed AGP3.0. :rolleyes: :p

16. neo-omega

Hitman

u have put the pciE power plug into the back as well yes? its simple but a VERY common cause of underpreforming pciE cards

17. Locutus

Associate

Yes the chipset drivers are installed. used the ones of the supplies cd first. and it didnt work so used the latest ones 7.0.0.1019 (they are betas tho)

Lol @ PciE power being inserted. Yes it is in mate, but have been guilty of this 1 before and like you said very easy to do. :D

And to my dismay i dont know any 1 who has a PCI-E slot who would test it for me. Most people i know have prebuilt pcs that i mostly fix Lol.

18. neo-omega

Hitman

i assume that you have SLi enabled, but i heard something that SLi doesnt work with windows in calssic view or something crazy like that, maybe try running with the...interesting...xp fun style?

19. maddness

Soldato

can you even enable sli on here without the hacked drivers?

mind you the scores are very low even as a single card.

20. nvidia king

Associate

hi there im running amd 4800+ with 4gig ddr, 2x sli 7800gtx 256, plenty of cooling delta fans galour, asus 32 sli board, i get 7480 3d mark 06, very happy with that, havint tryed the 05 mark as yet.