• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8.71.3 Catalyst 10.3 Preview

Soldato
Mine crashes in BC2 after 10 minutes on the 10.2s so i'll give these a bash and hope i can find the bezel management option as a bonus ;)

Noob question does it matter whether the divers are 64bit or 32 bit as it usually asks on ATI update website?

Soldato
Well ive installed these and so far im liking them, no crashs in dirt 2 at all and i give it an hour on the game earlier, definate improvement over the 9.12's, can now whack settings upto ultra in game and its smooth where as on the 9.12's there was a noticible performance decrease on ultra compared to high.

Onto BFBC2 and i still get a small amount of flicker, more so in shadows, also i get white snowy grass appearing in buildings and can move up a few feet and grass just pops up aswell as ruble, had a few CTD but i think thats more to do with the latest update to the beta as was getting the same with 9.12's.

The clock issue (if it is an issue) of my second card being reported by msi afterburner of running 850/1200mhz at destop i think is just msi afterburner reporting wrong
as the temps say otherwise, gpu1 35c 157mhz/300mhz, gpu2 30c 850mhz/1200mhz so im guessing it is actually switched off as CCC reports clocks are 000mhz/000mhz for my second card.

Soldato
Hmm Think I'll roll back to 10.2s,

These 10.3s have caused crashes in NFS Shift and BC2 Beta so far :(

I wouldnt be concerned about the beta crashing, but with NFS shift have you tried renaming the NFS shift.exe file to Grid.exe as that cured the flickering headlights and brake lights and smoothed the game out completly for me before.

Soldato
10.3 vs 9.12 (oddly my cpu score went down without changing anything, but otherwise good results gfx-wise

103.jpg

Soldato
Hyperst, afterburner is not wrong! Trust me on this.

You need to read my thread about that problem >> http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18116532

Hmm, Looks like you already have done :p

But if it was at 3d clocks all the time, temps would be 60c not the 30c:confused: it sits at.

I still think msi afterburner is wrong, i know its a fairly good piece of software but i take it ATI know what there doing with there drivers more so than MSI, as a lot of there software is flaky at the best of times.

Its in the release notes or somewhere from ATI that it turns off the second card in 2d mode, why would it not be so?

Is there anything to back up that the clocks are actually 850/1200 other than MSI afterburner?

Here is a quote from the latest msi afterburner 1.50

''•Added AccessibilityCheckingPeriod configuration file switch for improving the compatibility with AMD ULPS power saving technology on Crossfire systems. The switch allows low-level monitoring module to use AMD driver API to check GPU accessibility and detect and display GPU sleep state properly. Please take a note that AMD API implementation is ineffective and hardly suits to realtime monitoring due to high CPU stress resulting in periodic stuttering in games.
That is why the compatibility switch is disabled by default, enable it only if you absolutely need to see slave GPU sleep state on the graphs and accept side effects like performance drop and stuttering resulting from ineffective AMD API implementation ''

Seems the above statement is MSI blaming ATI for there software not working correctly with ATI cards, and that it reports the second cards values as wrong are completly ATI's fault, lol, This may be of some help to see whats going on.

Last edited:
Associate
sure, go into the msi afterburner folder in program files, i just right clicked the desktop shortcut and clicked on open file location, theres a file called msiafterburner.cfg, open that file in notepad and change the AccessibilityCheckingPeriod option from 0 to 1

click save and exit, then restart the afterburner program.

sorry about the colour change, dont know how to change it yet ;)

Soldato
sure, go into the msi afterburner folder in program files, i just right clicked the desktop shortcut and clicked on open file location, theres a file called msiafterburner.cfg, open that file in notepad and change the AccessibilityCheckingPeriod option from 0 to 1

click save and exit, then restart the afterburner program.

sorry about the colour change, dont know how to change it yet ;)

Dont seem to be able to do it, i click save and it asks if i want to replace , i click yes and tells me, access is denied:confused:

Soldato
Had a strange issue just, my windows aero turned itself off (no message or anything just screen flickered and transparency was gone) clocks were all over the place according to CCC and MSI afterburner, gpu1 was going up in temp and running at 850/1200mhz while in 2d and the second gpu was up and down like a yoyo, exited afterburner and everything returned to normal, clocks and transparecy was back.:confused:

Soldato
I can't get these to install on my laptop.

I've removed the old drivers and even tried driver sweeper etc.

The installation program for the new driver just doesn;t do anything after I click install.

Is there any way to install the drivers manually?

Back
Top Bottom