• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8.71.3 Catalyst 10.3 Preview

Soldato
OP
I can't get these to install on my laptop.

I've removed the old drivers and even tried driver sweeper etc.

The installation program for the new driver just doesn;t do anything after I click install.

Is there any way to install the drivers manually?

What brand of laptop is it? Some makers have opted out of the mobile catalysts.

Associate
The installation of these is a bit iffy ...

What I had to do (windows 7) was start the installaiton and let the package extract, cancel the install, uninstalled and deleted current drivers using the device manager, updated driver from device manager by manually pointing to the unpacked files location ... done.

It did not install over the previous ones initially ...

Last edited:
Associate
Installed these drivers over the 10.2 and WOW what a difference these had made. Dirt 2 has increased by 14fps, and graphics have seemed to improved aswell. I've not tried Need for speed shift yet but i'm impressed by these set of drivers.

Associate
Just installed these as I had the 10.1 drivers on still but the control centre is now reporting the drivers as 9.12?

gpu.jpg

Associate
5970 running Dirt2 @ 5760x1080 2xMSAA Ultra settings

10.2 = 51fps
10.3 = 58 fps (and visibly smoother)

Hey BlackNinja, nice FPS for those settings :)

Im running at similiar res as you across 3 panels on a 5970. What 5970 you using, do you have it overclocked and with what, as the redline tool that came with the Sapphire 5970 OC doesnt work on W7 64? Must admit Im a little reluctant to jumnpt straight into these 10.3 betas after the disaster that was 10.1, went back to the 9.12's some weeks ago.

Cheers.

Associate
Hey BlackNinja, nice FPS for those settings :)

Im running at similiar res as you across 3 panels on a 5970. What 5970 you using, do you have it overclocked and with what, as the redline tool that came with the Sapphire 5970 OC doesnt work on W7 64? Must admit Im a little reluctant to jumnpt straight into these 10.3 betas after the disaster that was 10.1, went back to the 9.12's some weeks ago.

Cheers.

Same card as you (Sapphire 5970 OC) with [email protected] ... I am running mine @ 950/1300. I use ATI Overvolt tool to set ram to 1.15v manually, then run MSI afterburner and activate a profile to set voltage to 1.237v and core to 950MHz and ram to 1300.

Associate
Bezel management works fine ... from the setup exe I uninstalled CCC first .. then ran setup again to install this CCC as it's an earlier version .... pretty cool effect now.

Dirt 2 now running @ 6004x1080 with 57 avg, 48 min, Ultra with 2XMSAA. So far so good ... FC2, Stalkers(s) and Crysis work OK and will test more games later. Need to get some new ones now for DX11 goodness ..

All I need now is for Eyefinity to run with Tri-fire and I'll be happy ... adding the extra 5870 into the mix brings everything to a slide show!!

And, just for the record .. Tri-fire @ 1920x1080 Ultra settings, 8xMSAA went from 145 to 156 avg .... min now is 120fps up from 118.

Last edited:
Associate
RE Aero turning itself off in W7, sometimes this happens after you have installed new video drivers and the Windows Experience Index needs to be refreshed. For some reason windows decided to run this test in the background without asking, and Aero gets switched off while it runs.

Soldato
Had a strange issue just, my windows aero turned itself off (no message or anything just screen flickered and transparency was gone) clocks were all over the place according to CCC and MSI afterburner, gpu1 was going up in temp and running at 850/1200mhz while in 2d and the second gpu was up and down like a yoyo, exited afterburner and everything returned to normal, clocks and transparecy was back.:confused:

RE Aero turning itself off in W7, sometimes this happens after you have installed new video drivers and the Windows Experience Index needs to be refreshed. For some reason windows decided to run this test in the background without asking, and Aero gets switched off while it runs.

thanks mate, it was that as that is when it last run

Associate
Bezel management works fine ... from the setup exe I uninstalled CCC first .. then ran setup again to install this CCC as it's an earlier version .... pretty cool effect now.

Dirt 2 now running @ 6004x1080 with 57 avg, 48 min, Ultra with 2XMSAA. So far so good ... FC2, Stalkers(s) and Crysis work OK and will test more games later. Need to get some new ones now for DX11 goodness ..

All I need now is for Eyefinity to run with Tri-fire and I'll be happy ... adding the extra 5870 into the mix brings everything to a slide show!!

And, just for the record .. Tri-fire @ 1920x1080 Ultra settings, 8xMSAA went from 145 to 156 avg .... min now is 120fps up from 118.

I am guessing you have 3 monitors of the same brand and model number?

just installed, cant see any Eyefinity options for Bezel Management though

I am running 2x Dell 2407 DVI and 1x Dell 2408 Displayport and I dont get the bezel management option.

If I disable the 2408 and put the 2x 2407's in eyefinity it appears and works fine.

Its a BUG!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom