• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8.71.3 Catalyst 10.3 Preview

Soldato
thanks mate, it was that as that is when it last run

I've had this issue since Win 7 RC, never figured out what the problem was untill now.

Why does it do that anyway, seems a bit silly as it happened to me completely randomly, once while watching a youtube video and another time whilst simply browsing the web. :confused:

Associate
Has anyone noticed that when you have the 10.2 drivers installed the fan speed gows to full just briefly before you get to the windows logon screen then goes back to normal?

This never used to happen before

Soldato
Has anyone noticed that when you have the 10.2 drivers installed the fan speed gows to full just briefly before you get to the windows logon screen then goes back to normal?

This never used to happen before

Yes i get this sometimes on the 10.2s but slows down after a few seconds so i'm not bothered.

Soldato
Bezel works for me with 2 BenQs and 1 Dell monitor.

ati103driver01.jpg

Here is what the bezel tool looks like, cut part of the image off so it isn't huge! But that yellow triangle is behind my first bezel:

ati103driver03.jpg

Soldato
Worked fine :D I'm back at work so only got to play with it for 2 minutes but installed the drivers without any hitches from 9.12 :o

Then re-setup my Eyefinity group where I was prompted to compensate for my bezels (if wanted) which is when the above tool pops-up.

Xon

Xon

Associate
I am guessing you have 3 monitors of the same brand and model number?

I am running 2x Dell 2407 DVI and 1x Dell 2408 Displayport and I dont get the bezel management option.

If I disable the 2408 and put the 2x 2407's in eyefinity it appears and works fine.

Its a BUG!

Download monitor asset manager and check the output of the Screen size.............. field. If not identical bezel management will not work properly. It is highly probable that the 2408 and 2407 have different Screen Size data. I had this problem and had to flash the EDID on one of my monitors.

Associate
Why are these still showing as 9.12s in the CCC for me? :(

I am pretty sure it is the 10.3s as it shows the Driver Packaging Version as 8.71.3-100205a-095620E, it just irritates me that it says 9.12 :p.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Download monitor asset manager and check the output of the Screen size.............. field. If not identical bezel management will not work properly. It is highly probable that the 2408 and 2407 have different Screen Size data. I had this problem and had to flash the EDID on one of my monitors.

ah so thats why i cant see the option, thanks bud 2709-3007-2709 eyefinity config

Xon

Xon

Associate
ah so thats why i cant see the option, thanks bud 2709-3007-2709 eyefinity config

Yes... Bezel management is calculated using pixel density which is in turn calculated from the screen size (physical not resolution). The pixel density can only vary by up to 5% or bezel management will not be allowed. AFAIK, ATi do not plan on updating this for the time being.

Associate

How do I flash the EDID on the 2408?

Xon

Xon

Associate
How do I flash the EDID on the 2408?

Have you confirmed that they are indeed reporting incorrect EDID?

Summary of steps I did:

1. Pheonix EDID Designer -> Tools -> Extract Registry EDID -> Load correct model

2. Remove read only -> Basic Display Paramters -> Image Size... Here I had 49cm x 32cm which is incorrect as normal 22" 1680x1050 are 47cm x 30cm... I compared this to my other 2 Dell 22" and set it to 47cm x 30cm.

3. File -> Save EDID as

4. Open Powerstrip -> Monitor Information. Under Option select Update EDID and upload the EDID saved from Pheonix. Switch off pc + unplug monitor and then reboot

5. Enjoy bezel management

What you need:

Powerstrip registered version 3.74 (latest version doesn't let you Update EDID on monitor unless you mail them and get the PIN code first)

Please be careful I cannot be held responsible for damaged hardware...

Back
Top Bottom