• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8.71.3 Catalyst 10.3 Preview

Associate
Well I cannot change the 2408 as its EDID version 1.4 and program only supports EDID 1.3, looks like a will have to reduce the 2407's to 24.0" to match.

Handy as if it goes south a have a spare one :)

Xon

Xon

Associate
Well I tried as you suggested but powerstrip reports the EDID is write protected /or the cable is too long.

Which cable did you use to update your monitor?

I used DVI; my 5850 was telling me it couldn't find the EEPROM actually so I connected it to a 4670 and then I was able to flash it just fine.

Associate
Interesting so its video card picky as well.

Still cannot believe ATI are using EDID information for bezel management, as video card drivers can change this information easily its a totally unreliable yardstick.

Associate
Have updated my system Win 7 Ultimate 64, with these drivers and they seem to work ok. Though 3dMark Vantage crashed when I just ran it.

Bezel management works really well, work well in games like Op Flash 2. Though had to install the package a second time just for CCC to get it to work.

Also doesn't seem to remember it through reboots.

Though not the screen resulution is bigger my wallpaper now doesn't fit the screen.

Regards

Taff

Associate
I have had no real issues to report regarding drivers since installing my 5970/5870 pair early Jan but now this just takes the biscuit ...

So, I have just rebuilt windows 7 64bit from scratch ... installed necessary drivers and the 10.3 ATI drivers (which I have used since the preview was made available) and BSOD everytime I try and run a game ... !!!

Therefore I go to download 10.2 official drivers from www.amd.com and lol :D (don't they know about OWASP??) -->

Server Error in '/us-en' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type 'ASP.vista64_optional' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\us-en\b17c1bf6\2b32ab6\App_Web_8ku07z6x.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\us-en\b17c1bf6\2b32ab6\App_Web_a__06-yb.dll'

Source Error:

Line 16: <uc4:win7 ID="win72" runat="server" />
Line 17:
Line 18: <uc5:win7 ID="win73" runat="server" />
Line 19:
Line 20:

Source File: c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\us-en\App_Controls\Catalyst\win7\windows-7-64bit.ascx Line: 18

Associate
I have had no real issues to report regarding drivers since installing my 5970/5870 pair early Jan but now this just takes the biscuit ...

So, I have just rebuilt windows 7 64bit from scratch ... installed necessary drivers and the 10.3 ATI drivers (which I have used since the preview was made available) and BSOD everytime I try and run a game ... !!!

Therefore I go to download 10.2 official drivers from www.amd.com and lol :D (don't they know about OWASP??) -->

Server Error in '/us-en' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type 'ASP.vista64_optional' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\us-en\b17c1bf6\2b32ab6\App_Web_8ku07z6x.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\us-en\b17c1bf6\2b32ab6\App_Web_a__06-yb.dll'

Source Error:

Line 16: <uc4:win7 ID="win72" runat="server" />
Line 17:
Line 18: <uc5:win7 ID="win73" runat="server" />
Line 19:
Line 20:

Source File: c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\us-en\App_Controls\Catalyst\win7\windows-7-64bit.ascx Line: 18

After your rebuild did you do a full windows update to make sure all of the other stuff was upto date before installing the cats?

Taff

Associate
Just managed to run 3DMark Vantage

My score has gone up from

18700 with the 10.2 drivers

to

19206 with the 10.3 drivers

So while it's only a benchmarking tool that is a good increase.

Taff

Back
Top Bottom