8000 fun car

Soldato
Hi chaps,

My dad wants a fun car to replace his xsara picasso, he originally wanted an old MX 5 but isnt so sure now.

The buidget is 8000 quid, mx 5 ish cars, something small, fairly impractical and quick. MIDLIFE CRISIS ACKNOWLEDGED :p

I was thinking a Mk2 Golf GTI could be good fun?

Soldato
For 8k he's got the choice of plenty of fun cars, all depends on what he wants really. The MX5 would fit the bill perfectly as it's great fun, even at legal speeds. If he wants something quicker but still fun then an MR2 turbo would do the job :)

Soldato
1997 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Roadster
media

59,000 miles, R reg, metallic black with black leather.Electric hood, seat and window, cd, ac and alloys. Brand New Rear Tyres and Clutch!. £7,995

1993 K Reg MARCOS MARTINA SPYDER 2.1 L. Ford Tuned Engine, 5 Speed Gearbox
media

2,500 miles, Dark Blue Metallic paintwork. Beige Fitted Carpets, Elm veneer dash with black instruments, Heated Front Screen, Light tan leather interior, Stereo System. Elecric Windows, Black Hood, Recent suspension polybushes, 5 Spoke Alloy Wheels. This car is very well presented, it's fast, looks great and sounds wonderful. £8,995.

N Reg TVR Chimaera 4.0 Convertible
media

Finished in beautifull starmist blue metallic with contrasting cream and blue leather. New blue hood. Electric windows, electric mirrors, cd player, remote alarm immobiliser and alloys. Only 43,000 miles complimented by a full service history and old mot's. A magnificent example of this thoroughbred sports car. Viewing essential. BEST PRICES PAID FOR PART EXCHANGES. Warranty available. Open 7 days. £8,695.

Soldato
You'll not get a VX220 for £8k, the cheapest NA I've seen was £10k although I did see a totally knackered, damaged repaired one for £9k a few weeks back but it looked like a bit of a shed.

olv

olv

Soldato
Lotus 7 inspired kit car, Caterham, Westfield, MNR, MK etc...

Easily get something faster than everything is this thread for that budget. ONe of the finest handling cars, open top, suitably impractical.

That'd be my choice.

Soldato
OP
Cheers lads!

Elises, 7s and vx220s are possible a little extreme! The Z3 looks like anice price range, get a lot more for your money than the equivelent Mazda. Plus RWD and a wide range of engines. I suggested an rx7, but by god they're a bit quick! Plus he wants a drop top.

Soldato
Well you did ask for small, impractical and cheap which shouts out those cars. I would say a Mk2 MR-2 then failing the Elise/VX220 and 7's. One thing though is you will get a nice 1.8 MX-5 for that price though.

Also just on a side note the vx220, elise and 7's all can come in soft top form. The Mk2 MR-2 has the T-Bar which is close to a soft top.

Back
Top Bottom