8086 help needed with memory on Aorus Ultimate Gaming

Soldato
Yeah - just tried the voltages (I am not comfortable but in the interest of sanity) and 'Memory Read' test in aida (latest)

@3066MHz - 13068

@2133MHz - 32586

identical timings - bios changes: xmp off and back to stock voltages = double the bench

annoying

Yeah going by those results. Its not a voltage issue. 1.35v is fine for DDR4 memory.
and you would get similar results with memory thats timings are off,, im going to put this issue down to the board not optimized or tweaked for this set of memory as its having a hard time training them correctly you would get that exact bad score if memory was not trained properly or unstable.

At least you can get the memory to boot into windows @3066 now that you have done this you need to go into your bios and set memory to advanced settings / manual mode
and change one of the memory settings / try the primary first and relax a timing and make sure T2 command rate is set, yes its going to be time consuming but i guarantee the end results will make up for it. as its clear one of the timings are to tight causing bandwith restriction.

Good luck. report back.

Associate
OP
+it was set at 1.350V and turning it down made no difference so ... 1.470 at stock timings it is. XMP set it at 1.2V though - making me guess that in another board this RAM would act less fussily as the manufacturer says 1.35V.

I am handing off the machines to the customer tomorrow.

Even @3066 (now the board is happy with that because V) it comes up in AIDA 1st in latency sub 55ns and above everything but a Rizen on a X*** chipset (by a 1.5% hair I could split I know) and quad and octal RAM lab rats in memory read/write, fpu and photo worxx. Which suits because flattening in PhotoShop and fast hard drive (which he has) are key.

Such a shame Gigabyte don't reply to queries, do much about complaints and muffle the bandwidth (on these boards at least - I usually recommend Asus but this guy was adamant) as these boards are nice in most other respects. Best thing I found out about in this build were the R6 cases from Fractal Design - great airflow, good sound insulation, good options for twin liquid cooling, nice rack 8)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom