8K for "sport""ish" car. Advice and Alternative's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Hey guys, a little while ago ive been havin trouble with my fiesta, ive had nothing but bother with it now since they replaced the coil pack, took it back and said oh it aint the coil pack, book it in for a service then we see what the problem is. So once ive got it done im really considerin to get rid of it plus its only a 1.4, want something with a little more "umph" at round abouts etc. I do like my fiesta, strong little cars.

I wouldnt mind a ST version of my car, but i do fancy a change.

Ive been eyeing up a local dealer and hes got a VW Polo GTi for £7899 which is the 150bhp version ( was hopeing for the 180) and its a 1.8 Petrol, got 35k on the clock, 1 owner (female luckily), and got the other arts and farts with it.

However recently ive been looking at the leon cupra's. I know for 8k it will be the old style which i do like. Ive not seen one locally so it'll have to be a pistonheads job i presume but for the money hopefully can get a fairly low milage one and not been ragged about.

I was just wonderin if anyone has had any first hand experiance with these 2 cars or if anyone has an alternative to these cars?

The insurance should be fine on both (17 is quite high to on the cupras tho) but i dont mind payin the bit extra :)

Thanks for your time

Soldato
Just be wary of the 1.8 20VT in terms of history, make sure its had the cambelt and waterpump done most should have been done by now, waterpump failure is common

Personally i'd try a high revving NA engine if you like the Fiesta ST, you can get a last of line 2005 Civic Type-R premier Edition with a bullet proof high revving 2.0 petrol engine, Recaro seats, red carpets, Momo stearing wheel and possibly some change out of £8k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom