8Pack approved 4.8ghz 6700K Skylake, Z170 ASUS Hero Bundle £270 cheaper than Z270 Equivalent

Associate
I have the following questions on the product BU-00L-8P : 8Pack Approved Binned Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.80GHz Overclocked Bundle **£150 OFF**:

I have just bought the above product. In the description it mentioned a comprehensive guide to overclock the bundle. Is there anyway I can get this guide as it wasn't with the bundle i received. I know I can just use the bios flash and bios profile from your forum but would really like the guide if possible.

Thanks darren

Associate
Apologies for posting in here rather than the previous thread but it was a little quiet. I purchased the 4.5Ghz bundle in December last year and it's taken a while but I thought the long weekend would be the time to clean everything out and build the bundle.
s
It was all going smoothly until this morning, the installation of Windows 10 pro that I put on last night started to restart randomly when trying to copy files from an SSD to HDD connected by SATA until eventually it wouldn't boot at all.

I've spend 5 hours trying to reinstall Windows 10 using 6 different USB keys made with the Microsoft Creator Tool, 3 different SSD drives and even a copy on a DVD and I keep getting errors which wont let me install Windows. I've spent pretty much my adult life installing Windows and I have never been stuck like this.

The motherboard BIOS is at stock settings apart from enabling the water pump header, I've used 3 different SATA ports and 3 different cables and still no joy. Interestingly yesterday it was POSTing really quickly and today it hangs on QCode 22 for 30 seconds before continuing, could this be the memory I'm using?

I am at the end of my tether with this build and I need any help you guys can give me.

Kit
Intel 6700k
Asus Rog Maximus VIII hero
Gskill Ripjaws F4-3200C16D-16GVKB
Corsair AX760
Samsung Evo 850 SSD/Evo 840 SSD/Crucial MX100 (each one tried for windows installation)

Help guys.

Associate
Last time I had a similar issue I found it was something to do with the partition table I think - used Parted Magic to wipe/zap (Internal:Secure Erase) the SSD - Windows 10 then installed first time. I'd gone through the same stuff you describe, so might we worth a go, good luck.

Associate
@mikedigitales Thanks for the suggestion, I tried wiping the disk using a full copy of Active KillDisk Pro and wiped it with a full pass of zeroes but it still doesn't install to the disk.

I've raised it with forum support but with the bank holiday I'm not expecting a response until next week, hopefully it will be simple fix.

Associate
@shatpank81 I've tried a couple of USB ports and even dug out the DVD to install and still no joy but I'm in contact with support now so hopefully we can get to a conclusion. It's just a shame that I was looking forward to giving this a good workout over the long weekend.

Associate
@shatpank81 I've tried a couple of USB ports and even dug out the DVD to install and still no joy but I'm in contact with support now so hopefully we can get to a conclusion. It's just a shame that I was looking forward to giving this a good workout over the long weekend.
Fair enough
Hope you get it sorted
Always the way, bank holiday weekend etc when you get free time and spend it trying to fix stuff instead of enjoying it

Associate
Bought this set up recently, came with the cpu labelled as per pic below but try as I might I can't get it to even boot to Windows on 4.9.
Any suggestions?

IMG_20170901_133928.jpg

Associate
Just in case anyone was interested in the resolution of my problem with the Hero VIII and installing Windows, @Ohlawll arranged an RMA and ASUS confirmed a dodgy motherboard and it has been replaced. Thanks guys for sorting this out.

Associate
Just noticed the pic I uploaded... Well, didn't.

The box the cpu came in is labelled;

6.4.05 Asus
4.9 1.35v
Air

As I say, 4.8 is no trouble and stable as a rock but that 4.9 is not playing. I'm using zipped BIOS and profile for this kit.

Back
Top Bottom