8pack Supernova - build log!

Associate
An awesome amount of hardware in there, if it were my machine though I'd be stripping it down as soon as I could to re-do that graphics card loop with acrylic tubing & fit the EK backplates to the GPU's

Soldato
The clocks for those bench tests are all 24/7.

This CPU 4.8 2400 C10, 1300-1975 on the cards go. All fans 800rpm being controlled by the aquero totally silent power house. Zero load fans not moving at all!!!

I think if you check the Fire strike thread we all know who is the boss!!

out of interest what voltage is the CPU using for 24/7? Also do you only use Win7 for your systems? What about newer drivers coming out for Win 8.1 only, etc (such as AMD 14.7)

Fantastic build, loops epic.

Last edited:
Soldato
Actually disappointed with the cable management there. You could have made that look a lot prettier than just cable ties.

Needs some cable combs and better management.

Otherwise sick build.

Associate
I think overall it looks great and it would be (more than) a fantastic system. However that being said I really wouldn't be happy myself with the bent tubes for the price.

OcUK Staff
out of interest what voltage is the CPU using for 24/7? Also do you only use Win7 for your systems? What about newer drivers coming out for Win 8.1 only, etc (such as AMD 14.7)

Fantastic build, loops epic.

Voltage 1.4 ish. I test with Win 7 & the end user can have what they wish. I dont trust Win 8 at all.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
it does looks like the kinks in tubing has not been sorted. for just under 10,000
i would want better ,if it was me i would send it back

The tubing is not kinked in any way where flow is impeded. Acrylic tubing and 8Pack branded back plates are coming for the GPU very soon.

Dont worry about this, sort out only 4.7 on 3770K any less than 5g on that CPU= poor effort!!! ;)

Associate
OP
I see you never straightened out the kink in that piece of tubing. 1/5, terrible build, would not buy from OCUK again.

:D

An awesome amount of hardware in there, if it were my machine though I'd be stripping it down as soon as I could to re-do that graphics card loop with acrylic tubing & fit the EK backplates to the GPU's

it does looks like the kinks in tubing has not been sorted. for just under 10,000
i would want better ,if it was me i would send it back

I think overall it looks great and it would be (more than) a fantastic system. However that being said I really wouldn't be happy myself with the bent tubes for the price.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Honestly, I'm not 100% happy with it either, but you can usually rework tubing straight after running warm water through it for a while. The only issue here is even with the fans turned off, the 8x120mm of radiator space was enough to keep the coolant temperatures down low enough to keep an ever so slight curve in the tubing.

On the bright side I'll be building OcUKs first ever acrylic build very soon - so hopefully we'll see a lot more of it in the next systems refresh. :D

Actually disappointed with the cable management there. You could have made that look a lot prettier than just cable ties.

Needs some cable combs and better management.

Otherwise sick build.

I bought combs for my own build. They suck.

MgRMOIA.jpg

I much prefer cable sewing.

ByH5CUL.jpg

Still trying to get the go ahead to bring this to our high end systems.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom