8pack Supernova - build log!

Associate
The tubing is not kinked in any way where flow is impeded. Acrylic tubing and 8Pack branded back plates are coming for the GPU very soon.

Dont worry about this, sort out only 4.7 on 3770K any less than 5g on that CPU= poor effort!!! ;)

don't you worry about mine 4.7 am more than happy.i be more worried spending £10,000 on a machine with kinks (not straight, you can't miss them) even where the flow is impeded or not and cheap cable ties showing,one would exspect more.
even Shawy cable sewing or combs is much better than the ties.but at the end of the day if the customer is happy with hes/her £10,000 worth of machine that's fine with me ;):)

Mei

Mei

Soldato
i hate scorpions! one stung me when i was little :( just seeing a logo of one makes me feel all sad haha

i like the cable sewing! i might try that myself sometime

Sgarrista
Commissario
I much prefer cable sewing.

Still trying to get the go ahead to bring this to our high end systems.

I really don't like lacing like you linked. Personally perfer it how ive done it in my build using black fishing line. Which lets you pull things really tight without worrying about snapping the line, also, personally prefer the "thin-ness" of finishing line over thicker alternatives.

DSCN3584.JPG

DSCN3585.JPG

DSCN3588.JPG

Associate
OP
I really don't like lacing like you linked. Personally perfer it how ive done it in my build using black fishing line. Which lets you pull things really tight without worrying about snapping the line, also, personally prefer the "thin-ness" of finishing line over thicker alternatives.

While I do prefer the thinness, fishing line is too slippery and doesn't hold it's shape well, as shown in your pictures.

Sgarrista
Commissario
While I do prefer the thinness, fishing line is too slippery and doesn't hold it's shape well, as shown in your pictures.

I kind of like that aspect, it keeps them tidy and bunched together but also allowing for you to manipulate the cables around corners or bends etc without having to be too anal about the whole sewing process. I admit if I was going to go totally balls in I would probably do it differently, (same thin-ness however, just a different thread) for the extra grip, or potentally something even more crazy like use a special hooking needle to go inbetween the wire and the sleeving to keep it entirely hidden.

Associate
Just read through the whole build log very impressed with the way its turned out does look awesome on site. I also hate cable ties in pc builds they are fugly, I do really like the cable sewing and id definetly give it a go in the future much more professional looking. With regards to cable combs there is a guy on facebook who does custom pc cables (I know I am not allowed to link it but sure some of you will know who I mean) who has been experimenting with 3d printed wires traps think they would look 100 times better than cable ties in these builds if sewing doesnt get the nod

Associate
OP
Just read through the whole build log very impressed with the way its turned out does look awesome on site. I also hate cable ties in pc builds they are fugly, I do really like the cable sewing and id definetly give it a go in the future much more professional looking. With regards to cable combs there is a guy on facebook who does custom pc cables (I know I am not allowed to link it but sure some of you will know who I mean) who has been experimenting with 3d printed wires traps think they would look 100 times better than cable ties in these builds if sewing doesnt get the nod

I believe RJK is looking into a solution.

Back
Top Bottom