999th check my spec

Associate
this is a budget gaming pc and i would thank anyone who could send me in the right direction as to if i should get these parts. i have £600 MAX. so heres what i thought.

CPU - AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Socket939 , Venice Core ==£95
G-Card - 256Mb Point of View 7600GT ==£117
MOBO - Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9 NF4,S939,PCI-E==£40
Optical Drive - Samsung SH-S162L/BEBN Black==£24
RAM - 1GB (2X512MB) Corsair Value Select, DDR PC3200=£60
Hard Drive -120 Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200==£40
Router/USB -D-Link DWL-922 router + USB dongle==£42
Monitor - 17" Relysis CRT Monitor==£47
Mouse/KeyBoard/Speakers – 3 in one bundle==£7
Case - Antec Sonata II Piano Black Quiet Case - 450W PSU==£78

i have gone for the cheapest monitor and peripherals possible as they will serve their purpose and i can upgrade when i have more money, for know i want the best tower components i could afford. also when amd price drops i may get the dual core if it is about £100. not all these parts are from OcUK so i am not posting where i am getting them from but i am only getting them elseware as a result of the finance options (i dont have all the money now).

what would be helpfull is knowing if the above parts are of good quality and if not what are the better options in the price ranges above.

NOTE: none of the above prices can be increased. i am not saving up for an extra month and i do not want to spend more money. also the above prices add up to 550 but 600 includes delivery and finance options. so basically its a £550 gaming pc.

Soldato
CPU - very quick & cheap too.
VGA - in that price range its very good buying.
Mobo - NF4, so no problems there.
DVDRW - a very quiet & good burner so far for me
RAM - good
Case + PSU - good choice

You seem to have done your homework pretty well.
The box should be a good gaming rig!

Back
Top Bottom