A battlefield2 thread

Soldato
Too right i can see lots waiting around on friday if dates true for it, then its the fun part of trying to get a reasonable speed to download it, i remember when ut2003 demo to come out i was buzzing all day waiting, shame it was crap.lol

Caporegime
I can't wait!
I've got a 2.6c p4, 1024MB RAM & 6800LE unlocked, I think it'll run fine for me! :)

My Geforce 4ti owning friend is concerned about BF2, Doom 3 is awful on his rig, 2.8c p4, 768MB RAM, he fears BF2 will be the same....

Associate
I hope that BF2 lives up the hype, because I bought BF1942 but got bored of it too quickly, ie doing the same things all the time (re-capturing bases etc) Im pleased that there has been more emphasis on the ground play because I felt that too much emphasis was used for people with using vehicles :)

Associate
Dice do seem to have a decent amount of interest in what people want out of BF2. I remember on one of the LRRP the bloke talks about the people:vehicle ratio players found they enjoyed the most. Think BF2 is looking at something like 40% vehicles of the total number of players.
Still, it's never going to perfect on release. People are going to have to realise it probably will take a good couple of patches to get everything balanced in such a way that satisfies most players.

Soldato
bakes0310 said:
But is anyone worried about the 2gb of memory needing to run it smoothly, im not too sure if thats true even though the producer of the game on a video i watched said it did need it.

nope, unless its a totally different vid he actually says......

"Accessibility is one of our areas of focus for battlefield 2, we really want to allow people with a broad variety and spectrum of hardware configurations to be able to run the game. So what were doing for folks at the lower end is were adding in a lot of dials and knobs at the front end blah blah blah wrong bit."

"The power users that want to get a full experience and turn on every dial and knob to the top are gonna go out at there and probably build a P4 3.0Ghz with a Geforce FX equivilant or higher with a couple'o'gigs'a'ram

Soldato
neverender said:
Dice do seem to have a decent amount of interest in what people want out of BF2. I remember on one of the LRRP the bloke talks about the people:vehicle ratio players found they enjoyed the most. Think BF2 is looking at something like 40% vehicles of the total number of players.
Still, it's never going to perfect on release. People are going to have to realise it probably will take a good couple of patches to get everything balanced in such a way that satisfies most players.

im hoping on less than a few patches tbh.....the test team for Battlefield Vietnam was less than half the size of the test team for Battlefield 2.....at least...thats what they say ;)

Soldato
R124/LA420 said:
I can't wait!
I've got a 2.6c p4, 1024MB RAM & 6800LE unlocked, I think it'll run fine for me! :)

My Geforce 4ti owning friend is concerned about BF2, Doom 3 is awful on his rig, 2.8c p4, 768MB RAM, he fears BF2 will be the same....

if it would run it at all that is...geforce 4's only have the older shader models, and i dont know if BF2 will be scalable enough to be able to run on a Geforce 4....afaik, the geforce 4's were something like shader models 1.0 or 1.4? and BF2 is probably working with 2.0 upwards?? but thats not my area of expertise tbh, someone..correct me

Soldato
Soldato
Fireblade2K4 said:
There was never a shader model 1.4 was there.... :confused:

AFAIK it went 1, 2, and the current nVidia only 3.

Stu

"Back in 2001 NVIDIA downplayed the importance of Pixel Shaders 1.4 developed by ATI saying that game-developers would jump on shaders 1.1 and yet-to-be-release 2.0. In early 2003 NVIDIA encouraged game-developers to use 1.4 instead of 1.1 and 2.0 because of dramatic speed-advantage. What did not bring a boost for the RADEON 8500 brought an advantage for the GeForce FX that came out 1.5 years later."

:confused:

Soldato
Well the way im looking at it, if your pc aint up to playing it, just crank the shadows down and just tweak it until it runs alrite. After all, if it only means playing on 32 man servers rather than 64 thats no problem to me.
My spec is..

barton 2500+ @ 2ghz
1gb ocz+ballistix pc3200
radeon 9600pro 128mb
80gb maxtor diamond max 9 80gb hdd

should be able to run it alright. Maybe not with spectacular FX but i read somewhere even on the low settings it still looks good. Im just gooing to wait for the demo before i start panicing :D

Associate
Joint Ops may get knocked off my personel favriots list when this comes out, though I bet the BF community is pants - so ill go back to joint ops

Associate
Volitous said:
Joint Ops may get knocked off my personel favriots list when this comes out, though I bet the BF community is pants - so ill go back to joint ops
Joint Ops at the moment is very good, I think I'll be on it in an hour or so for a few rounds, see how many times I get sniped today :(

Stu

Back
Top Bottom