A battlefield2 thread

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I have downloaded and played 1.3. it should be around 80mb and loaded very well with no issues. I got mine from Fileshack which is slow. It took around 35 mins to download because of the slow link but the patch from Fileshack is a good one.

Associate
Is any1 else getting problems on the server screen. For example its shows a picture of wake but its karkand , and when you first click on the server the ping is 32156764 for a second then drops :confused:

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Rebel=UK= said:
Is any1 else getting problems on the server screen. For example its shows a picture of wake but its karkand , and when you first click on the server the ping is 32156764 for a second then drops :confused:

Yes but as you say when you click on it you get the correct ping so i just ignored it.
Seeing jeeps driving about on Top of the TV station is hilarious by the way. :p

Soldato
No problems here with the patch, downloaded in a few mins and installed flawlessly. Only problem is people not squading up or being pants squadleaders and not giving orders or working as a team :(

Associate
DanMc07 said:
New rules?

And what happend about auto-saving your gun when you die? As it doesn't for me.

You can't know leave and rejoin a squad when you die, so you have to go back to a capped flag or default spawn point, meaning that if your with your friends or in a good squad you just become disbanded. So the pace and flow of the game is now utter ****

Associate
Krowzer said:
You can't know leave and rejoin a squad when you die, so you have to go back to a capped flag or default spawn point, meaning that if your with your friends or in a good squad you just become disbanded. So the pace and flow of the game is now utter ****

Why would you do that anyway? Unless you were the squadleader?

Associate
G00SE said:
Why would you do that anyway? Unless you were the squadleader?

Because if you have a squad leader on the other side of the map with none of your flags there you can join his squad and spawn on him, allowing you to back him up- rather than running across half the map and by the time you get to him he'll most likely be dead.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I am glad squad hopping has been stopped. I am sick of people joining my squad to get cap points and then running off and leaving me to get mashed.
join my squad by all means but stick with it till the end of the round. Personally i like dudes that squad up and stick together for a good few rounds. Withing a couple of rounds you are like mates screaming and laughing and having a ball. :cool:

Associate
malc30 said:
Personally i like dudes that squad up and stick together for a good few rounds. Withing a couple of rounds you are like mates screaming and laughing and having a ball. :cool:

That remind you about that time I joined you on Sharqi? That was a blast. :cool:

I'm really getting fed up of BF2 now. It's been fine for AGES. I leave it for a few days and almost every time I load up a server it crashes to the ******* desktop!!! :( :(

Associate
I have just tried to play BF2 again after a huge break and The All Seeing Eye will launch the game, I get the option to log in and once I have logged in it just leaves me at the BFHQ screen with an advert for the new Battlefield. Is there any way to auto-connect to servers with ASE or do I have to use something different?

Craig

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Siders.
Spysweep then delete all your tempory files and clear out any old junk. then delete the cache files then defrag your system.
Do you have anything running in the background, i.e. MSN, Xfire, ASE. Go Through your running processes and see if you can cut down a bit.
Also if you ask Yewen he will tell you that i said you was one of the best squad members i have had on BF2. You play well mate and are a good man to have in a squad.

C4aig.
I don't think you can join directly using ASE. You really need to use the standard way of joining a server as any other method takes to long and the space is usually gone by the time you hook up. I have a strange ping reading with the normal browser but once i click on it all is well.

Rebel=uk=
Was you stressed when installing the patch with the danger that BF2 would not play for you because i was. :p
It's mad but i really would be bothered if i couldn't play BF2 and every time they bring a patch out it worrys me until i have it up and running and my K/D is still good.

And to all i wish EA would ask me before making changes to MY game. :p

Associate
malc30 said:
Siders.
Spysweep then delete all your tempory files and clear out any old junk. then delete the cache files then defrag your system.
Do you have anything running in the background, i.e. MSN, Xfire, ASE. Go Through your running processes and see if you can cut down a bit.
Also if you ask Yewen he will tell you that i said you was one of the best squad members i have had on BF2. You play well mate and are a good man to have in a squad.

Heh, I'm touched. Thanks a lot dude! :D

I'll try all of the above then update you tomorrow. :)

Back
Top Bottom