A battlefield2 thread

Soldato
First game in 2 weeks due to college work, came out with 2 gold stars out of 3 rounds :)

Loving the new patch, the drop vehice feature is class, and the game just feels a bit smooter to play.

Soldato
malc30 said:
I am glad squad hopping has been stopped. I am sick of people joining my squad to get cap points and then running off and leaving me to get mashed.
join my squad by all means but stick with it till the end of the round. Personally i like dudes that squad up and stick together for a good few rounds. Withing a couple of rounds you are like mates screaming and laughing and having a ball. :cool:

I like it too, it gives SLs more things to think about, coz once your dead, your dead, no more giving over SL to your chum and so forth. You have to be more careful.

Thats about the only think I've noticed in the new patch tbh, vehicle drops are really just a gimic, and i forgot all about em. It was play as normal as far as I was concerned.

Associate
just installed it and went to play offline for a game and it crashed my damn pc
:rolleyes:

ffs, its totally screwed my game up again, for the third chuffing day running now. i hate this game sometimes :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
Krowzer said:
Because if you have a squad leader on the other side of the map with none of your flags there you can join his squad and spawn on him, allowing you to back him up- rather than running across half the map and by the time you get to him he'll most likely be dead.
Its obviously better for the majority of players - since if u have one team doing this the ONLY counter is to do it back. They got rid of blackhack flag capping for the same reason.

BF2 should be played as u want to play it, and not spoiled for the masses by the obligatory exploiters.

Ive not played it due to changing sound drivers to fix one issue (lag spike due to CPU usage I assume), now all sounds are right next to u; and with so much going on - hearing every gun fire on the entire map is mind boggling.

Soldato
I've avoided BF2 v1.2 like the plague but have been wanting to play it. Kept getting CTDs and always lost connection to the server. And I can guarantee that it's not my PC.

Now i've been playing tonight for a few hours with 1.3 until the game started crashing again. Already had 2 CTDs, thought i'll reconnect and see what happens. Another half hour went by and then lost connection to the server. Reconnected and as soon as it finished loading, I had another CTD.

Definatley not getting 2142 after that crap they've produced, no matter how good the game may be.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Associate
This patch has taken a lot of fun out of this game imo and its lame as hell.

Vehicle drop was a nice idea but EA is too Naive (or is that there too extremely stupid) to realise that this will be exploited.

Enemy commanders using cars to airdrop onto helicopters taking off

Waves of cars storming to cap flags, leaving anyone without anti tank / C4 completely vunerable against attacks.

Only good thing they did was remove squad hopping.

Associate
Thats a good point, there should at least be a friendly flag nearby. Hercules are slow aircraft and I think it has to drop speed and altitude to drop a jeep out the back somehow which means over enemy terrority it would be shot down most likely. Obviously not going to happen at present, maybe it'll be like UAV in future except massive and with 8 propeller engines :D

Associate
fixes?

EA dont do fixes, they just find new ways of screwing something else up!

Just went on SF for a bit and there were some members of my team, in red now this was confusing but what was even worse was they were also showing up as being on the enemy team in the players list!!!

I kept getting punished for TK's :mad:

On both games the server list is now FUBAR, you select a server and the name alters to what it really is, this can make finding new servers to play on a nightmare.

btw I've only had SF for 24hrs, can anyone tell me if every server is full of spawn raping tanks, base raping helis and suicide quads?

Because if so its going to be uninstalled soon.

Associate
IamMed said:
fixes?

EA dont do fixes, they just find new ways of screwing something else up!

Just went on SF for a bit and there were some members of my team, in red now this was confusing but what was even worse was they were also showing up as being on the enemy team in the players list!!!

I kept getting punished for TK's :mad:

On both games the server list is now FUBAR, you select a server and the name alters to what it really is, this can make finding new servers to play on a nightmare.

btw I've only had SF for 24hrs, can anyone tell me if every server is full of spawn raping tanks, base raping helis and suicide quads?

Because if so its going to be uninstalled soon.

SF pretty much is from my experience. Its a very vehicle whore addon and the reason people like it is the close combat situations which you normally die in. A favourite (not mine!) is to run at the enemy and drop a claymore, they'll kill you but you might take out 2 or 3 of them when it goes off. Thats done mostly on Warlord :(

Whoop

Associate
seems rather stupid that they release a special forces add on that primarily revolves around using loadsa vehicles and gung ho tactics.

just goes to show what EA/Dice know about covert op missions,

I'd love to see the SAS storming into an Iraqi camp with tanks and quads dropping claymores everywhere in real life lol

Suicide attacks IMO should result in a kick, afterall in real life you wouldn't be able to use this tactic 10 times in a row like some of these guys do :p

Back
Top Bottom