1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A battlefield2 thread

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by bakes0310, 5 Jun 2005.

1. Cybermyk

Soldato

I'm really pleased that they fixed that annoying "client crash after entering 300 characters into the IP address".

2. Magic_x_uk

Soldato

IAMMED,
    o/t but hi, im from Chesterfield, just round the corner from you.

3. IamMed

Wise Guy

lol, Hi :p

4. Lee2k4

Mobster

ROFL last night was hilarious was dropping jeeps on there heads on the carrier they was getting well cheesed off with me :p

5. Last Kronin

Mobster

I think the vechile drops is just a bit too much, would be better if they were taking from someplace else in the map as that would limit the amount that could be dropped.

6. ichabod crane

Man of Honour

vechicle drops sucks, i had an awesome sniper spot this mornin takin out loads of poeple trying to catch a flag... and there commander with UAV drops a damn car on me!! on a roof top.

7. DrEvil

Wise Guy

Gets a bit frustrating being killed by a jeep - but it is blinkin' funny thou :D

It'll calm down once the novelty wears off, most will use it more constructively... well hopefully.

8. Smithy

Wise Guy

Anyone else have troubles installing patch 1.3?
    No matter what i do, i always get 'Patching Failed' during the installation. :mad:

9. Cybermyk

Soldato

It might be a corrupt download, I'd try downloading it again if I were you.

10. Minstadave

Caporegime

I'm getting CTDs and sometimes my team mates have the wrong colour names :confused:

11. Siders77

Hitman

Yeah, i'm getting CTS's too.

Not had the red/blue bug yet, apparently they fixed it though.

Nice one EA.

12. daftVader

Gangster

Can anyone tell me how to confirm the version number because although I've patched to 1.3, the game says 1.1.2878-710.0 on the loading screen. Is this normal or did I stuff up the installation somehow?

Sorry for the stupid question - just got the game so I'm not familiar with how it works.

13. fullfat

Wise Guy

this is by far the worst exerience ive had with a patch for BF2. i did download one of the leaked versions from a link last page, may have got corrupted from the volume of people transferring etc, ill get it from the EA downloader as soon as i get my rig back together and se if its the same.

14. Deliverance

Gangster

They didnt fix it, theyve said every patch they were going to fix it but essentially admitted they cant, because they cant reproduce it under test conditions. (in other words, its a serious re-write of a large chunk of code, the same as the AT/TOW missiles not firing and they cant be arsed)

15. Minstadave

Caporegime

They can come round and use my machine, two teamkills today because of it :(

16. 4T5

Man of Honour

I have over 900 hours logged and the red bug has only happened once about 4 months ago. I am not surprised they cannot recreate it.
    My only advise is to leave and rejoin as soon as you are aware of it.

Personally i really wish they would speak to some actual users of the game. They have the stats and hours logged and email addys and i feel they need to speak to those who actually play the ****** game and Not to whoever they are listening to now.
    I am sick of them ****** with my game without them consulting Actual users.
    Yer yer i know they monitor forums and have a few peeps but odviously these are Not hardcore BF2 players.

17. fullfat

Wise Guy

900 hours? you must have a sore backside!! :p
    it would be good if they took on board stuff from the high usage players instead of everyone that has a pet gripe with the game, but that would take common sense and a single care about what people want instead of just money grabbing and whining about stuff being too complex to fix. there has been some real stupid ideas put into the game with zero after thought, these additions will be took out soon enough though.

18. neoboy

Capodecina

Chances are they just listen to the average Joe player when it comes to changes.

19. DanMc07

Mobster

Does anyone find that when you change your sensitivity for your joystick with the joystick controller program, your jets/helis are ubar sensative and dip way too much.
    I mean, without the joystick program installed, i can have all my settings on 10 (for my jet) and it feels like its one 1!
    So I instlal the software crank it up say 1% and it all goes **** up. its stupid.. is there any other way I can make it more sensative, i.e with bf2 configs?

20. Phil99

Capodecina

Since installing this patch I've had:

• Red/Blue tag mix up
    • AT Missiles not firing/going through vehicles
    • CTD for the first time in ages
    • Server Browser is screwed up and not selecting the server I click on

Yet they've fixed a bug which was causing crashes when you put 300 characters in the connect to IP box so obviously this patch was worthwhile.

/Looks forward to ET:QW release